PDA

View Full Version : Help with usals.

traveller
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Call me stupid but I'am having problems getting my head round setting up my 1.2m dish. What I have is 9101 super, V box II, Satlinux 2.0.14a in flash and DS 3.5 in iboot. Ok, I selected complex and have deleted all the sats that are outside the reach of the dish in the second menu ( The one with the LNBs ). I have set my Log and Lat and thats where I'am stuck. I can move the dish the correct way with the positioner and the motor is giving about 42+ counts per 5 degs so I can work out were the sats are. I have tried loading the PET settings with all the out of reach sat removed and tried the menus and can move the dish in the motor section with the on screen buttons. A simple guide please as her in doors has started to say that dish is making a noise ( it is quiet really, she just likes to have a dig ). Thanks with hope.

PS I set the V box to zero on Thor as I'am only 0.2528 West, 51.947 North. The dish has been up for 15 + years and use to be controlled by an old Pace 501, but I thought I would get it moving again.

Peckish
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone.

@traveller

The V Box II is a Disecq device and does not use USALS so you do not use the lat/long settings in the motor menu. Instead you go to the motor config menu and enter the sat you are looking for, enter the transponder frequency and then use the direction button to locate the satellite. When you have located the correct satellite then press 'store' (blue button) to save this position in the Vbox. Do this for each satellite you are looking for.

Regards to all,

Peckish.

traveller
06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Hello everyone.

@traveller

The V Box II is a Disecq device and does not use USALS so you do not use the lat/long settings in the motor menu. Instead you go to the motor config menu and enter the sat you are looking for, enter the transponder frequency and then use the direction button to locate the satellite. When you have located the correct satellite then press 'store' (blue button) to save this position in the Vbox. Do this for each satellite you are looking for.

Regards to all,

Peckish.

Thanks for that. Funny that I was reading the V box manual and I suddenly came to the same conclusion. I came back here to tell every one not to bother replying. Thanks Peckish m8 for the help anyway.