PDA

View Full Version : Vantage HD7100S - a good buy?

kenny
08-02-2008, 11:26 AM
I really like the look of this receiver - both physically and in spec. I currently have both a Humax HDCI2000 and a 1000. The support from Humax seems almost non-existant and although they work OK, I'm disappointed the USB port has never been enabled for connecting an external disk (which is one of the appealing features of the Vantage). Another problem with the Humax is that it doesn't like having 2 Cams inserted at the same time. I presume the Vantage doesn't suffer from this? The Vantage has blind-scan (with some limitations, I understand) - which is a feature I'm looking for but I understand it can't handle 422. Is this a hardware limitation - or could a software upgrade at some time in the future deal with this? Are you Vantage owners in general happy with your purchase - or are there shortcomings I should know about?

kenny
12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
I can't believe there aren't any owners out there! Come on guys - I'm looking for some opinions!

applematt
12-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey its a great Box with many functions. Ive owned a HDCI2000 this is much better in many ways.

You also can install a softcam with this and it works much faster than a cam etc. HD quality is awesome. Firmware updates come out weekly. There are bugs but for viewing 19/28 etc its fine.

Ive never thought its a waste of money unlike other ecievers ive had. You get what you pay for.

kenny
12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Applematt - thanks for your feedback - have you had any experience with 2 cams working in the Vantage? And do you know whether the receiver can handle 4.2.2 broadcasts?

cuorino
15-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Applematt - thanks for your feedback - have you had any experience with 2 cams working in the Vantage? And do you know whether the receiver can handle 4.2.2 broadcasts?

Hi Kenny,
with vantage HD (7100 or 6000 model) you haven't problem with two cam inside, for 4.2.2 broadcast I not believe.

regards
cuorino