PDA

View Full Version : Speed camera voices

widge
09-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Have just got TomTom One v3 have tried to get spoken alerts for speed cams on it but with no luck.Have put latest zoned cameras in to map folder along with ogg voices all named exactly the same but when I go to set sound for alert still can only choose bells,beeps etc.Does anyone know how to sort this out.
TT came with tomtoms own camera alerts on it.Should I remove these?
Thanks in advance.

sparky_dog
09-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Not sure if it's any help, but if TomTom sees the .ogg file, it shouldn't give an option to choose a sound at all. It sounds like it's not seeing the poi files as the same as the .ogg for some reason.

Filenames need to be identical, except for the file extension of course... but I'm sure you already know that.

I think I would remove the old ones to save confusion.

widge
09-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes they are definitely named the same infact I have them working OK on a TT ver2.So I may try it without the others in there.
Thanks anyway.I'll let you know the outcome.

sparky_dog
09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I have read elsewhere that the original TomTom ones should be removed, but I've never had the TT ones on, so can't confirm if it causes problems.

widge
09-02-2008, 04:43 PM
That sorted that out.You have to remove 3 tomtom speed cam files from the map folder then when you come to set up the warning sounds you don't get an option.