PDA

View Full Version : Humax 5400 died

singhl
09-02-2008, 06:20 PM
My humax 5400 seems to have given up the ghost - will not pick up any signal (have motirsed set up), I have tried my sky dish also (to eliminate the lnb) but will not get any signal.

Anyone have any ideas?

The only thing done recently was to leave it unplugged for a while?

chrishellis
09-02-2008, 07:26 PM
hi

common fault with humax range of STB's including is P/S

plenty of advice in tuturials and u can get an exchange - also advailable from humax ireland

BTW do not send your STB away - just order replacement P/S new or exchange ( exchange type has higher temperature rated parts )- costs about £30

beleive there are kits available as well if u OK with soldering Iron

all my families have had same prob - its easy to change P/S and they r all OK now
rgds
chris

singhl
10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
The box itself powers up - just will not pick up a signal, could that be power supply as well?

chrishellis
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
morning

u've eliminated LNB's

as i said P/S is a common fault with humax irci 5400/humax range

no harm in trying - does cause multitude of faults - just have a look at the PCB board and c if any of the caps have raised - u may b able to change the one or two that may b damaged at a very reasonable cost

rgds
chris

voith driver
10-02-2008, 01:45 PM
hi singh1,
as chris has said it looks like the psu, when you tried it on the sky dish, unless you changed to 28E you would have still not got, or might not have got a signal, so this is still worth checking, though after eliminating everything from fine tuning to dish not correct then you go for the psu, unless of course you have put the 5400 patch onto a 5400z+ (plus) but for a non signal it quite often is the 30v line on the psu, if you check the psu with a multimeter you will find the voltage values printed on the board.

hope this has helped
voith