PDA

View Full Version : Sharp LC32AD5E Review

rabbi
12-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Sharp LC32AD5E Review

:cool:

With a glossy black frame and lower bezel that echoes rather than copies the high end Aquos screens, the LC32AD5E belies its status as a budget LCD TV. Finish is well above average for a sub £400 screen.

Unsurprisingly, you will not find 100Hz processing or Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution on this screen, although you will find a manual backlight adjustment (rather than the more advanced automatic adjustment).

Although a certain amount of tweaking with the manual backlight adjustment will improve the black level performance of the LC32AD5E, there is a niggling residue of greyness permeating the picture. Its not a huge problem, but compared to more advanced LCD TV's this screen falls short in this respect.

What did come as a surprise was the Standard Definition (SD) performance of the LC32AD5E. Again, its no match for the best 32in LCD TV's, but in the sub £400 category this screen has no equal. There is a certain amount of video 'noise' and a little clouding, but for the price, the performance is outstanding.

chopper1
12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
HI RABBI,
I bought this Sharp 32" LCD in January for around £400. I installed it last week after selling my old TV and overall am quite happy with it, the appearance is superb. The picture does need a fair bit of adjustment, some channels are sharper than others, and the sound is quite good. Great to have freeview built in but i am not sure how to record the programs with my DVD recorder, could someone help me with this??.
Chopper.

echelon
12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
but i am not sure how to record the programs with my DVD recorder, could someone help me with this??.
Chopper.

depends which dvd recorder you own ( you didnt say )

you are best to checkout av forums as they deal with all tv,s and dvd recorders etc

_http://www.avforums.com

chopper1
12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi Echelon,
my DVD recorder is a Liteon LVW-5006, when i scanned it for tv satellite programs the freeview channels did not appear, thanks for the help i will check out that site.
cheers, Chopper.

echelon
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I dont understand the above

its not a freeview or satellite box , its a terrestrial analogue recorder from what I can see

so from an aerial you should get the usual 5 analogue channels

HD1080
12-02-2008, 08:08 PM
I am happy with my 50" Pioneer Plasma :)