PDA

View Full Version : 5400 keeps rebooting

baz
22-02-2008, 05:48 PM
i have a 5400 with the old L 136 loader and it just keeps rebooting
i had the toh firmware on it and it just kept rebooting, even from switching on cold so it wasn"t a heat prob, so i done a complete restore to factory settings putting original official firware on it as i have a showtime irderto card and it worked ok for a bit but now it is rebooting again, i am wondering could this be a power supply fault, btw i did replace the origanal a few years ago with 1 from northern ireland but as we know they dont last long when hot,
any ideas please

Prontopro
22-02-2008, 05:58 PM
If there is an intermittent fault on the power supply causing the system voltages to dip below a certain minimum threshold then the Humax would see this as a restart and reboot.

Intermittent faults are the worst to diagnose due to their randomness. If the Humax has worked fine and now has developed this problem even with the official Humax software loaded then I would strongly recommend you swap power supplies as it does sound like it is starting to die on you.

baz
22-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Intermittent faults are the worst to diagnose due to their randomness.
i think you are spot on m8 as it can go 5 mins or a couple of hours without rebooting
cheers for that gonna nick my m8s power supply from his and try that first, see what happens, thanks again m8