PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 5400ci with SLx8L Loftbox and tvLink

medept
23-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi all.

Have searched the forum and cant find very much on loft boxes?

What I want to do is fix a problem caused by only having one co-ax cable going into the livingroom.

I was thinking of using the SLx8L loftbox (in the loft) with a 5400CI sitting next to it in the loft, then the distribution signals from the SLx8L would distribute to every room in the house down the single cable going to every room.(Ideally I would have the receiver in the livingroom with the return signal going to the loft then split, but I dont have this return cable!)

My next thing would be to control the 5400CI from the livingroom or indeed any room. I was thinking of using a tvLink system.

Has anyone got this configuration in their house or have any recommendations as to whether there is a problem or not?

Thanks in advance.

skilcom
23-02-2008, 08:30 PM
tvlink will only work with a sly box, use your suggested set up and then use a remote control extender to change channel, it works fine for me

medept
23-02-2008, 09:32 PM
OK had heard that tvLink only works with sky and that confirms it!

What if I used a diplexer to run through the 8 way amp I already have to mix a sat/tv + fm signal down the single lines into each of the rooms.(I already am running the TV+Fm through the 8 way amp) Then fit a receiver in a couple of rooms. Would the motorised satellite simply take the last command given to it by a receiver regardless of what room it came from?

Therefore would it be possible for 2 people to watch different programs in different rooms on different receivers so long as they are on the same satellite?

fred fickle
07-03-2008, 01:19 AM
OK had heard that tvLink only works with sky and that confirms it!

What if I used a diplexer to run through the 8 way amp I already have to mix a sat/tv + fm signal down the single lines into each of the rooms.(I already am running the TV+Fm through the 8 way amp) Then fit a receiver in a couple of rooms. Would the motorised satellite simply take the last command given to it by a receiver regardless of what room it came from?

Therefore would it be possible for 2 people to watch different programs in different rooms on different receivers so long as they are on the same satellite?

You can only control the motor from one receiver, if you want to watch different progs on the same sat in different rooms you need a quad lnb and run separate cables to each receiver or get a 36v motor and a separate receiver to swing the dish and with the quad watch different channels on the same sat all over the house!!!!