PDA

View Full Version : TM6900 HD Problems

sleeker
10-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi, Anyone having this issue with the 6900HD.

everytime I apply a uddate it loses all the sat position settings for the motor and I have setup them all up again:mad:,
has the latest firmware, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

S

markinstien
03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Are you applying udate via USB, and have you used Firmware update from technomate website, my 6900 did same before applying firmware update that is still on TM webste,I also havn't had problem since using USB stick.Also installing a hard drive after this udate has been applied(before box is patched) seems to resolve the common HD issues, even if later patches are applied.

holmroad
04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
If you use the latest update from the Tecnomate website, will it have all the latest keys on it please - plus the AU channels like Premiere, TPS, DigiTv, Polsat, etc - or do you still have to use our trusty filemaker patches to get all this?:confused:

satcave
04-05-2008, 10:51 AM
You have to use the latest MAGIC patches to get TPS/PREMIERE/POLSAT AU

holmroad
04-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Well unfortunately I do not have access to Magic's files any more - I did try his 'latest' file yesterday which didnt work for me as it lost me all my channel clearing, which I assume may be something to do with a conflict between 6.39 and 6.42 software? Compass previous 22/4 file brought them all back ok!
Compass is probably my main hope!:respect-050:

holmroad
04-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi M8 - sorry but you didnt say YOU had posted Magic's file here - so i'll now go away to try it - just hope I dont get that problem I mentioned in my last post- will report back!:respect-067:

holmroad
04-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Seems to have copied on ok today - but still not opening C/W on 15W - should it please?:respect-067:

sleeker
30-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Okay i've tried all the patches and upgrades from the Technomate site and a factory reset, with none of the eh free patches, but it's still happening, it appears to be the AU that causes the problem, after it happens I have to disable the limit on the motor cause it wont go any further west than say 19e then retrack all the sats, this problem is intermittent, but it's a real pain, my 1600c works perfect using the same motor so I'm assuming the 6900HD is at fault.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

S

Aldo
30-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi M8

Have you tried adjusting the motor settings, you may have inadvertently set your East Limit at 19 East. If you got to Main Menu -> Installation -> Motorized Setting -> Motor Control -> Press OK -> you can then Reset System - and adjust your settings accordingly. I hope that this is of some help to you.

sleeker
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the advice Aldo, but no I have reset all that a few times and it does work ok until an AU comes through, for instance 15w is ok until an AU then it refuses to move until you go back in and delete the limit.

S