PDA

View Full Version : dcc and ftp problem

ginjaninja
18-03-2008, 09:45 AM
when i open up dcc i get telnet and ftp conected but when i follow peoples tuts and see you go to ftp and select var, the problem for me is that the left hand pane is blank. any ideas.

thanks
the ninja

peggle
18-03-2008, 10:25 AM
You should get -

Telnet Connected
FTP Connected

Bootmanager: not found.

If you don't get bootmanager not found you are not connected.

Check your settings, did you set up the IP address correctly & enter the right password?

frankie1957
18-03-2008, 10:28 AM
make sure the password is blank if you are using a ur image ie blank as a word

ginjaninja
18-03-2008, 10:38 AM
got everything as peggle has stated.

thanks
the ninja

Gone_Fishing
18-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Give the image your using a password !

DCC won't work with any image if the the password is still blank !

TNT

ginjaninja
18-03-2008, 07:51 PM
sorry to be thick but where do you change the password for the image.

thanks
the ninja

Gone_Fishing
18-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Use Technomate Control Center, select "Update" then "PW Change" enter your ip and current password,
if there is no current password make sure thats completely empty no ************

Enter a password of your choice and click change

Job Done

Then add that password in dcc

( A good tip is to type your new password in notepad and paste it in Technomate Control Center and DCC to avoid mistakes )

TNT

ginjaninja
24-03-2008, 06:39 AM
sorry was not in touch with results, but the info for the password was spot on done as you said and everything was ok, until i got back from work to find box stuck on UR splash screen and four dashes on the front of the box, could not get into boot menu to do a factory reset or anything. i managed to get it sorted with a little help, but i had to do a serial reboot and made sure the uboot img file was for the 9101 if your box is a super.

hope this can help others, also similar if stuck in a reboot loop but with this you load up uboot img for your box 9100 or 9101 if a super, then i used ds v3.5 and went from there and everything back to normal.

The NiNja