PDA

View Full Version : DM800 & Dr.Dish

Tmull
20-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Surely Dr. Dish has lost all credibility by giving the Sat box receiver award to a box that has not been released yet. I shall be viewing his progammes with a lot more skeptism in the future.Rumour that the entire board of Dream-multimedia were the only members on the jury cannot be confirmed at this time. Am I the only one who thinks Dr.Dish looked embarressed as he awarded the piece of Glass. This DM 800 might be the greatest thing since sliced bread,but then again it might be the biggest dud around. TMULL

Likvid
21-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I guess Dr.Dish aka Christian Mass needs more money to run his company, one way is to give manufacturers good reviews.

It has become a ****ty business the last years, not what it used to be.

BE-COOL
21-03-2008, 07:50 PM
It wasn't like that at all.

DM wasn't in the jury, the jury had the most reliable psychics and fortune-tellers of the world, and they predict that DM800 will be a great box and all others suckz.

Dr. Dish deserves an apology from you guys.

Eugenie
21-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Vantage has also been one of Dr.Dish's darlings, they have been awarded a price twice now from the good doctor. I´m not gonna say that Vantage makes bad receivers...they are quite good over all but still, it´s like he thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Likvid
22-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I like Vantage, it's a quality product.

Look at their new upcoming Vantage 8000 with dual DVB-S2 tuners.

Tarzan
22-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I like Vantage, it's a quality product.

Look at their new upcoming Vantage 8000 with dual DVB-S2 tuners.

Too buggy since day one... And some of the simple features are a pain to use...

And currently it doesn't offer anything extra that what others offer...Even though the patches do come out regularly...

I got 2, one HD and another one a combo...

Eugenie
22-03-2008, 04:14 PM
@likvid...Vantage are (despite a buggy history) among the better receivers out there with rather enthusiasting official software support...as a matter of fact, if they could only sharpen the software a little further (better signal meters [genuine input level dBm, S/N and BER instead of a silly percent meter], FEC readout[!], bitrate flow etc) I´d actually buy one myself. They should develope more enthusiastic DVB functions instead of wasting their time with ipod stuff.
Yes, the 8000s seems nice (it´s supposed to have hardware blindscan [wonder if DVB-S2 is included in that]).

raul
22-03-2008, 04:38 PM
nothing beats enigma !
i know you have been looking for HD box for a while now eugenie , have you made up your mind yet :)

Eugenie
22-03-2008, 05:07 PM
To be honest with you raul, I simply will not (in the foreseeable future) find what I really want because noone will make such a unit. There is always something missing and in the past I used to have 2-3 receivers to somewhat try and get all functions I wanted, still I fell short. In these DVB-S2 times it is even harder. I´ll probably soon order a DM800s and use as a main watch and record unit...but as good as Enigma is, it still is not aimed towards feedhunters/DXers etc. Still it offers quite a lot on the DVB front. I´ll probably in the future end up buying at least one additional receiver for signalhunting, feedhunting etc....if anyone ever makes a really good such receiver. Ah well, who knows!

As for the DM8000...at the moment it really dosn´t seem to offer users like me anything useful above what the DM800 offers. I suppose the DVB capabilities will be the same.

Have you pre-ordered yours (800s) yet?

raul
22-03-2008, 05:14 PM
yes , a dm800 is on it's way to me ;)

Eugenie
22-03-2008, 05:53 PM
raul, you´re much too popular :D , please make some room in your inbox.

Likvid
22-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Not in hurry for a HD box either...too few channels out there.

gov400
22-03-2008, 06:53 PM
im gonna wait for the Dm 8000. Might as well spend the money on something which is supposed to be the best and is going to cost a few quid more. Plus i want a dual tuner.

I think the 600s is the 800s with a HD tuner and the 7025 is the 8000 with HD tuner.