PDA

View Full Version : Image retention/burn

crabber
29-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Just been reading the manual for my new Samsung 40 LCD and was surprised to read a warning about image retention. It advises "avoid black borders by using the zoom function"
As most satellite stuff is still 4:3 and I hate to watch things that are too wide how concerned should I be about this?

chelseaboy
29-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Its very rare on an lcd, ive got a plasma and i get image retention which does go eventually, but image burn stays.

Even crt tv's can suffer from image burn, ive got a screen saver on my panasonic plasma , so if a still image is on there for a bit it kicks in.

i mainly get the retention when i watch football where thenames of the teams and the scores in the corner.

chelseaboy

Tony Baker
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
For most Plasmas the advice is don't watch a TV programme with a Logo, the TV Inst books tell you to expand the picture to lose it. But one of the traps of watching BBC Sport on a Plasma is the constant Logo at the top of the screen showing the score.

So leave that on there when you watch a match three times a week for 90:mins and watch what happens!! Once you have Screen Burn it's there for the life of the set!! Just be careful. TB

vjb
02-04-2008, 09:15 AM
What happens? Had my Panasonic Plasma 3yrs now, watch lots of footie. This is very concerning. Wait a minute is that a ghostly image of Kevin Keegan I see before me?