jackpot18uk
30-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Latest update on Dream-Multimedia site For Dreambox 800 HD

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/products_dm800_technical.php

also links on how to flash

no image or manual yet

jackpot18uk
31-03-2008, 08:12 PM
A PDF file with pictures of inside of 800hd. pdf contains links to dutch distributors site, sorry if not allowed but unable to remove.

Yoda
31-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Very interesting mate, thanks.

So it seems the standard hdmi to dvi cable will be supplied, interesting to see they are also stating price of 799 euro for the dm8000 too. Seems very steep.

Yoda

xanadu
31-03-2008, 10:28 PM
This is all nothing new.

The DM8000 has always been priced at around 800 euros.

Still no sign of a real DM800 or DM8000 for sale at any retailer.

Still just a Dream. :rolleyes:

holmroad
31-03-2008, 10:54 PM
£349 has been the universally quoted price M8 - which of course is nowhere NEAR 800 Euros! :D:D

Yoda
01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
£349 has been the universally quoted price M8 - which of course is nowhere NEAR 800 Euros! :D:D

Yes this is for the DM800 not the DM8000.

Yoda

falcon-uk
01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
yes we would all love the 8000 to be £349:D

crabber
01-04-2008, 07:09 PM
@Yoda, will you be keeping your present HD box if a DMM 800 is ever available?
and could you sign in on msn or look at your PMs please M8.:D

luis
01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
@falcon

First of all we would love to see DM8000 on the market some day, if anything... The price comes next.

falcon-uk
02-04-2008, 11:37 AM
im just saying its the 800 thats £349 not the 8000 so dont buy from shops that say prise and dont have product.
we should open a thread about flying cars dont know when they will be in the shop but they will beat anything alse :)

Yoda
02-04-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.sarapars.com/photo/howstuffworks/flying-car-m400.jpg

Got mine on back order :D

falcon-uk
02-04-2008, 12:36 PM
cool tool :D and i bet its got a built in dm8000:D

pipino
02-04-2008, 12:49 PM
800euros you can have a great PC with all stuff on board including HDTV and all ,DM ppl are getting real mad

holmroad
02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok - so 8000 is real bees knees - but does ANYONE have any idea of 'when' please? (£500+ etc):D:D

Zipper
02-04-2008, 03:18 PM
More like £600.00+ me thinks!.:eek:

800.00 EUR

=

630.344 GBP at todays rate!!.

Best Regards.

bobi
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
i think dmm has no real date it self about dm 8000 mates

seems that many ppl are addicted on this dm ****ty thing now,
there are other wonderfull boxes out there, just to mention some

Kathrein 910 usf ingredible hardware and very good software support ( no card readers )
Lyngbox very new on the marked ( linux software very very good hardware , no card reader yet)
IPbox very good hardware and one of the best in my opinion, has 2 card readers 2 cam places , images with emu suppor are not getting every day out.

yes i have been an dm addicted my self before, will not buy other box
but i have now left bihing my past and move on with the box of the future ( haha )

and price for dreambox is like they are TOP MODELS among satellite receivers

good luck hunting the DMM reliases

cheers

bobi

Yoda
02-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Kathrein 910 usf ingredible hardware and very good software support ( no card readers )
Lyngbox very new on the marked ( linux software very very good hardware , no card reader yet)
IPbox very good hardware and one of the best in my opinion, has 2 card readers 2 cam places , images with emu suppor are not getting every day out.

but i have now left bihing my past and move on with the box of the future ( haha )

cheers

bobi

Mate,

Im sure that you get excited about certain things in life, some of us are looking forward to the latest box from DM.
I am a DM fan, this is because I have had a db7000 and its been very trustworthy, has unlocked lots for me and I live in hope that the DM8000 is the box that I will be raving on about for the next 5 years.

Yoda

Zipper
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM

cheers

bobi

You forgot the reelbox avantgarde............which so far has done everything it says on the tin and a little bit more!.:D

Best Regards.

jackpot18uk
02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
DM 800 HD now listed under products on Dream Multimedia site, so release must be getting closer or not :reddevil:

wwe
03-05-2008, 11:40 AM
whats the difference between DM800 HD and DM8000 HD This will be my first adventure into DB and I have been waiting with others for this stb to materialise. But be warned I will need loads of help so when it does come out be ready to be ****arded with silly questions. I am of course reading up on the complexaties of this wonder machine. One good thing is that HD TV's have come down in price, I won't buy one until the DB comes out. I wish though Dreammedia would say if its goiung to comeout at all then I can move on and get another DB type stb.

Still waiting but for how long

wwe

Learning
03-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Well m8s today I had to go over to Dreambox in Camberley to exchange a broken power lead for my 500s and had the pleasure of being one of the first to see and play with the 800hd. Just sitting there amongst the other stbs . Now i'm only a 500s punter myself so it took a little time to get me head around the osd menu as the booklet was only in German the english version is now in print apparently. The shop owner Max hadnt even had time to tune it in he gave me a remote connected it to 19e and off I went. I dont think any buyers will be dissapointed. I have to admit that £359
seems a lot of dosh for a box the size of the 500 but it seems to do whats claimed, I cant vouch for the HD quality or sound as it came thru an old anologue tele . He says he was sent a small supply of boxes a week ago and there is a larger delivery to come within the nex fortnight. Bad news is, he has been told from DMM two to four months before the 8000hd comes online. But i reckon once the image guys get to work on the 800 the 8000 wont be such a big deal at any price.

And no I didnt buy one its chicken and egg for me at the moment.

eme
03-05-2008, 10:40 PM
still to dear at that price me thinks. pitty the smaller ip box seems much beeter v.f.m.

Yoda
03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
still to dear at that price me thinks. pitty the smaller ip box seems much beeter v.f.m.

So are you saying this dealer has them for sale right now ???

Learning
04-05-2008, 09:43 AM
His words to me were he had had a small batch delivered and a large batch is expected in the next week or two. Im not sure how this works but I said to him if he was the official sole dmm importer would other dealers get theirs from him ,to which he said that was how its supposed to work. On that basis presumably those he has had he would have sent out to them. I told him there has been a lot of cynical talk about these boxes and that once anyone saw one on display then there would be a lot of interest, as I said i'm not the best guy to mess with this box being a relative newbie but I asked could i take it home and play with it obviously he laughed at that but said in the shop I could play to my hearts content. As he is local I will ring him on Tues to clarify m8. Where does Lee get his from he might be able to shed some light on it now.