PDA

View Full Version : blu-ray, hd dvd and hd satellite when will it be popular

chelseaboy
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
High definition is upon us, loads of people have hd tv sets and no hd source to feed them.

Ive tried a humax hdci2000 and there wasnt much hd content so i got rid of it and bought myself a technomate 9100.

I also own a PS3 and own a few blu-ray films, which are quite impressive and im also impressed with the upscaling function of normal dvd's on the PS3.

My other hd device is my hd dvd player which i got cheap the other week, im well impressed with the hd dvds and im even more impressed with the upscaling of normal dvds.

what my point is, i personally wouldnt go out and buy a stand alone blu-ray player at the moment, when there are these upscaling dvd players out and the market is now full of cheap standard dvd's.

I also would not really get another hd satellite reciever as i thought there was not enough channels to justify the price of one, and i certainly would not subscribe to sky.

when do you think everyone will have an hd source or feed in their house to play through their hd tv sets?

I remember when videos came out and they had been out about 5 years before my dad got one and he went and got a sony betamax:confused:

I personally dont think it will be for at least 3 years what do you lot think?

chelseaboy

ManikM
01-04-2008, 11:50 PM
lol lots of input eh mate!

bonovox
02-04-2008, 01:37 AM
I would say some people have bought HD sets and watch nothing but SD on them and believe that its actually HD there watching. Anyway I have an xbox360, ps3 and a HD player along with a Kathrein HD sat receiver. The Toshiba HD DVD player is quite impressive. I am just watching "On Her majestys Secret Service - Ultimate Edition" upscaled and it looks superb. Yeah well pleased I bought the player for £70 with all them HD movies as well. What a giveaway. Blu Ray discs are a bit too expensive at the moment for me.