PDA

View Full Version : Receiving HD with a non HD ready stb?

Ghoulie
02-04-2008, 08:31 AM
I have a panasonic 32" lcd HD ready. my stb is an echo 3600 via which drives my dish.

Did i read somewhere there is an external gizmo that will connect from an ordinary stb like mine to the tv that makes it (stb) HD enabled? or did i dream it?

If not, I take it unless there is a freeview HD prog available, I need an HD ready stb to view any HD. I doubt if there are any HD stbs that will drive my dish likean echo will - any thoughts out there?

satwyn
02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
HD stb needed but there is talk of a cam that converts HD to SD as for your dish keep the echo to drive the dish or add a v box to the new HD receiver none with 36v on the market converting HD channels to SD would not give you the improvement in picture quality you're after so probably you're best bet is a new HD receiver

dave3dg
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I have been told :rolleyes: that s<xview are offering a cam & card to view 'Higher Defination' channels which are soon to be available.

dave3dg

Ghoulie
02-04-2008, 01:03 PM
cheers guys - just as i thought - bolloxed agin

joshjess
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
The MPE4 Cams do the job

bonovox
02-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I have been told :rolleyes: that s<xview are offering a cam & card to view 'Higher Defination' channels which are soon to be available.

dave3dg

Fuc#, *** in HD. Now thats what I am missing!:D

Detlef
02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
There are upscaling chips and these are becoming standard in HD STBs.

But many HD TVs and LCD TVs do the same thing already when presented with an SD signal - that is, they interpolate the extra pixels rather than duplicating (PAL) lines.

The upscaling chips allow for outputting any source to an HDMI connector.

applematt
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Fuc#, *** in HD. Now thats what I am missing!:D

I have some Passes for Adult web sites that have many HD movies. Id doubt the quality of SV willl be up to it! Let me know if you want them -- I did them out!

Just got the HD DVD player for £60 with 5 discs via ibrood thanks Chelseaboy etc ... took weeks!