PDA

View Full Version : The DMM800 will soon be out as I have ordered a Kathrein

crabber
03-04-2008, 03:49 PM
As the title says, I got so fed up with being told "only 3 weeks" that I have cancelled my pre-ordered DM800 and ordered a Kathrein.
This should arrive tomorrow, I will keep you posted (if anyone is interested lol)

canthackit
04-04-2008, 08:54 PM
L O crabber.

yeah i'm interested mate.

reards:canthackit

azeemmir
04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
hi i am also intrested,
i have sold my dreambox 7020 with hdd,
as waiting for 800
but wtill no chance,
even , money i had by selling my 7020 , aslo finished, hehehe,
dmm is playing i think ,
any thanx plz keep informing about Kathrein,
gr

dubious
04-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Hehe, strange the way things go, i'm getting ready to sell my Kathrein as I want the 800 :eek:

player1
04-04-2008, 09:30 PM
As the title says, I got so fed up with being told "only 3 weeks" that I have cancelled my pre-ordered DM800 and ordered a Kathrein.
This should arrive tomorrow, I will keep you posted (if anyone is interested lol)

Whats the Kathrein cost ?

quibath
04-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Maybe about € 260, am I right.?
Please correct if wrong.:D

BR,Q

crabber
05-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Box arrived yesterday and although it has taken several hours it is all working now and connected to my 7020.
The HD channels look very good.
It is different to program (an image) if you are used to a dreambox. In theory it should be easier, just load files on a usb stick and turn on.
However the two usb sticks I had wouldn't work (incompatible I think) so I spent hours with null modem and network cable but this wouldn't work either.
Almost in desperation I tried a laptop hard drive with a usb, this worked immediately.
cost was £249 delivered.

dragon25slayer
06-04-2008, 06:17 AM
do the box support disq 1.2 yet m8??? or are you using other reciever to turn the dish

jimmyboy
06-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Why do you need to connect it to the dreambox ? (Or do you no longer need the db or using it to drive your dish motor)?

crabber
07-04-2008, 08:15 AM
The box is connected to dreambox for cs, and at the moment the dreambox is driving the dish with the Kathrein looped through.
Diseqc plugins are available so soon the Kathrein will be driving the dish and the dreambox moved to another dish.
I am using mgcamd in the Kathrein, which was downloaded online as are keys.
So even without cs some channels would clear internally.
I watched Man U ver Mid yesterday on digi Alb HD and the picture quality was excellent.
There are limitations to this receiver but I still think it is very good value for money and I am hard to please.

nuku22
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
The box is connected to dreambox for cs, and at the moment the dreambox is driving the dish with the Kathrein looped through.
Diseqc plugins are available so soon the Kathrein will be driving the dish and the dreambox moved to another dish.
I am using mgcamd in the Kathrein, which was downloaded online as are keys.
So even without cs some channels would clear internally.
I watched Man U ver Mid yesterday on digi Alb HD and the picture quality was excellent.
There are limitations to this receiver but I still think it is very good value for
money and I am hard to please.

can you direct me to where to images,support etc for this receiver.i just ordered one

canthackit
10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
just been onto one of the retailers in the uk he say's on his website that he will be taking delivery of the 800 in mid april and that he will be taking pre orders soon £349.

regards:canthackit

crabber
10-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes my pre ordered box was going to be £349 + delivery making total of £361.
I have now installed diseqc, so the motor drives to Satellites but you need to go to the menu for this, I have yet to try the auto diseqc which drives the motor on channel change.
Images and info are available on other forums which obviously I can't mention here.

Dreamlife
10-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Is this box a linux one and does it do any cs?

bonovox
11-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Yep does cs via MGCAMD which can connect to a gbox server.

@crabber
Hey m8 have u got the new digit alb hd channels programmed in yet, seems that the signals weaker on this frequency and the Kathrein is having trouble with it? Also u know u mention your usb sticks wouldn't work. Did you have any HDD plugged in the back via usb when you were trying to load the image. I had trouble with this and it took me ages to realise that I had to unplug the HDD from the usb slot on the back before it would recognise my usb stick in the front.

Dreamlife
11-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Yep does cs via MGCAMD which can connect to a gbox server.

Thanks for the info, this looks interesting. Do you have one of these boxes? Would it be easy to setup as for the price it don't seem bad. At present I have a DM500S.

crabber
11-04-2008, 07:24 AM
@bonovox
hello M8 I read in another thread that you have the 6 HD channels scanned in but they are weak.
Where I went wrong was to try and scan them as I did the original 2 HD channels and couldn't get a signal at all. As soon as I did a manual search, entered the transponder frequency and changed to DVB-S2 with the correct FEC etc I got them as strong as the others. However I am on 80cm dish and more east than you.
As for usb, no I haven't got a HDD yet, the box knew the usb stick was there but wouldn't read from it or format it properly. Others have had this problem as well.
@dreamlife
if your 500 is working as a server I think you may need to keep it as the easy bit with a Kathrein is to make it a client.

bonovox
11-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah its the 60cm dish thats why I can't get them. Shall have to get my 90cm dish moved so I can pick them up. A bit frustrating though as all other digit alb channels come in fine.

Dreamlife
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
@ crabber and bonovox, do you both use gbox now, how do you find it? I thought ccam is easier but if it has to be gbox then so be it.

bonovox
11-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Yep I use gbox on my dreambox with the Kathrein connecting to it using MGCAMD. Never used cccam, just never bothered.

spud
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Yep I use gbox on my dreambox with the Kathrein connecting to it using MGCAMD. Never used cccam, just never bothered.

How easy is this to set up? Also a gbox user looking for a HD box.;)

bonovox
12-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Kathrein is pretty easy. If your used to the dreambox then its fairly straightforward to install an image and get mgcamd working. Nice little receiver. A bit limited on the channel sorting/selecting and nowhere near as versatile as the dreambox. But if you want a HD sat receiver that can do CS then its pretty good for that and it gives a really good HD picture.

spud
12-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Kathrein is pretty easy. If your used to the dreambox then its fairly straightforward to install an image and get mgcamd working. Nice little receiver. A bit limited on the channel sorting/selecting and nowhere near as versatile as the dreambox. But if you want a HD sat receiver that can do CS then its pretty good for that and it gives a really good HD picture.

Thanks for reply mate, i'd be using it with my TM9100.

dragon25slayer
14-04-2008, 10:00 PM
are you able to use a motor yet with the kathrein reciever as i am thinking about getting one as im sick of waiting for the dreambox 800hd

crabber
14-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Yes there is a diseqc plugin which I found easy to install, this brings up a menu with "gotosat" buttons for each satellite, (only 4 for me more clever people have more)
However there is also an auto diseqc option which took me hours and hours to get sorted. This moves to a satellite on channel change, just like we are used to with a dreambox, but was a nightmare (for me) to set up.

dragon25slayer
14-04-2008, 10:24 PM
i use the cccam plugin now but i have used gbox before this is mgcam easy to setup and can you install a hdd m8 . cheers for the help

dragon25slayer
14-04-2008, 10:28 PM
also which cam will i need in order to use my s*y uk card

crabber
15-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Mgcam is downloadable from internet as are 2 others, config is same as gbox.
I think people use a USB hard drive but cams I have no idea although I would think that any would work.
I will be trying a phoenix card reader as soon as I get time.