PDA

View Full Version : problems with technomate 1500+

jipster7
05-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I have a technomate 1500 with motorised 1m dish in belfast. problems getting picture on the majority of sats. Everything work fine up till last weekend and now can't seem to get any picture at all. Some channels(BBC world) coming in with 79% quality but nothing on premiere. Pretty sure the dish alingment is ok. Think there maybe an issue with LNB but not sure. Wanted to make sure I check everything with the box before having to get the ladders out. Can anyone please advise how to troubleshoot? Thanks

justcallmealfie
05-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi jipster
This sounds similar to the problems I have been experiencing for months.
By coincidence I have been up this morning and fitted a new LNB.

My LNB would work @ the low band frequencies but fail to pick up a signal above 11.750.

Could this be your problem?
Regards

jipster7
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Did you have any joy with the new LNB? My dish is up quite high so will have to wait until there is some decent weather before I can get near it.

adamxcapell
06-04-2008, 12:08 PM
had to sort a friends dish out earlier in the year . what had happened is that the high winds had slightly tweaked his dish and all he could pick up where the high beam signals. if you go into ur motor settings and just tweak a little left or right on a low band freq channel , ul see the signal band go either green or red tr that before u go to check the dish itself. regards, adamx.

justcallmealfie
11-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry Jipster..been away.
To answer your question,with the new LNB the Higher frequency transponders now come in bright as a button.

jipster7
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
thanks for the help everyone. got up on the roof day(great view up there) and made slight adjustment to the dish. everything back 100%.