PDA

View Full Version : Latest soft my findings.

Keano
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
OK recently we have had UR13, DS 3.6 and EDG released for the 9100 and 9101.

I spent hours yesterday testing all 3 and the winner was with out doubt UR13.

DS 3.6 looked good and gave it a good start by flashing box with serial lead and cvs.
The biggest problem with DS 3.6 was every time I rebooted box it would lose all its sats postions.
I could be on 1.0w watching BBC World reboot box and box would restart with motor moving all the way to the west.
Then trying to move to any sats was a no go and on checking found all postions gone.
Spent a hour trying to solve this but no matter what I did sat postions would be gone if you turn box off.

EDG well flash box with this and never got pass the welcome screen, box just went in to a loop.

UR13 no major problem, finds all sats, scans all TP's,keeps postions when rebooted and hard rebooted, and I've even sorted my recording problem out.

All images were put on flash by serial, no MMC was used.

Bit gutted about EDG because I have this on my cubecafe and find it good.

Cheers

echelon
12-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I got edg working in the flash no problem after factory reset and installing tm011 , then factory reset again etc
I liked edg and it worked fine with my 8 way diseqc switch but I had to associate mgcamd with gbox in order to multiple select cams

ur0.13 does not have the extras needed to run an 8 way diseqc switch ( uncommitted switch etc ) but is not bad with a 4 way diseqc switch although I have had some lipsync issues especially on 28e and also had the aspect switching problems ( overscan/panscan working best but not what I want ). this image allows you to multiple select more than one cam so I use mgcamd as default with gb** for the 28e
so lipsync and aspect switching and no uncommitted switch were the 3 main issues on this one

personally I like the dsteam 3.6 and have it in the flash after using the ds-cvs first and followed the installation instructions to the letter , and although the aspect switching isnt fixed its a really good image , works with an 8 way diseqc switch and works with file associations of mgcamd with gb** same as edg
however I cannot get mrsticker to work in this image for different cams

I also found that edg41 and ur13 work in iboot 3a with dsteam36 in the flash so I get a choice of what I want

my next job will be to try associating mgcamd and gbox as a single box ( main box ) and testing if I get all channels I want with the wotsit card in a slot ). this means no lan networking to a main box , try it as a stand alone ( I couldnt get mr sticker to allow me multiple cams or assigning a cam to a bouquet )

overall , all 3 are good , and very close to very good , 8/10 for all of them , but with dsteams in front by a whisker

ps:- I am also a firm believer in having an mmc with a 64mb swap file for all images used

tr8.
13-04-2008, 09:30 AM
I also find that ur13 in flash is the best of the 3 for my setup,
With others available on jiboot4.1a.
The most important thing i have noticed on all is a decent swap file on sd card to keep stable, but can say its nice to have more stable images and a choice of them

Thanks to all teams involved.

tr8

(Think its now called jiboot 4.1 but had a patch at first)

Gone_Fishing
13-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Just read that apparently the wss drivers have been fixed now so next images should have that sorted not that it effects me
been using a 4:3 since my ws tv went pop :rolleyes:

TNT