PDA

View Full Version : patch gone wrong

mf135
16-04-2008, 09:14 PM
I loaded the patch for my 6900 with a memory stick ,its has locked up and will not do anything, what do i do now ? the front pannel says technomate it won't do anything at all can any one help please

^^COMPASS^^
16-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I loaded the patch for my 6900 with a memory stick ,its has locked up and will not do anything, what do i do now ? the front pannel says technomate it won't do anything at all can any one help please

switch stb off @ the mains
load previous patch
switch back on @ the mains
loading should start automatically
when loading is complete your stb's will be ok again

echelon
16-04-2008, 09:20 PM
and use a null modem cable and loader afaik , not the usb stick

and if the usb option does not work , then you definitely will need the null modem and loader option

and do not post questions in the file section

that is only for fileguys like compass , nobody else

thank you

mf135
16-04-2008, 09:22 PM
sorry echelon

russianbill
16-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Did it to mine as well m8's.
This is what worked for me, connect receiver to PC with null modem cable,make sure power is off from the back of receiver, find older version of patch (i used one from November)open up loader, load patch and connect, when it says waiting for connection, power on from the back of receiver and wait for it to start to load, this worked for me, then i was able to load patch from a later date, best of luck.

regards bill.

russianbill
16-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Sorry did'nt see that, was just writing the post to try and help.

Aldo
16-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Here is some info for the forced loading, taken from the DM Forum::

Forced download:

Patch as normal(RS232&Loader), but leave receiver off until you get the "Please switch receiver on" message...

Then switch on, receiver will boot up, will connect with the loader before having 'time to think' & load software selected, hopefully correcting the problem...

echelon
16-04-2008, 09:32 PM
sorry echelon

Sorry did'nt see that, was just writing the post to try and help.

no problem , I have locked the thread , deleted the relevant posts and moved others into this one where they should be

hopefully the forum will now function correctly , leaving the file guys to post in their section and members to ask questions in this section

the forced d/l option as used on most of these technomates should work

so thats a working com port , a null modem crossover cable , the loader and the last working patch

in these cases the usb option wont normally work as a forced serial load is necessary

mickandsue
16-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys for your help, all up and running now using null modem cable.
Sorry for posting in the files section, with the stress of a dead box my brain was not working properly. Won't happen again.

^^COMPASS^^
16-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys for your help, all up and running now using null modem cable.
Sorry for posting in the files section, with the stress of a dead box my brain was not working properly. Won't happen again.

well i'am pleased your sorted
nice job :D

mf135
17-04-2008, 05:20 PM
thanks guys once again you have sorted me out ,the old labtop came out and sorted the problem out cheers every one, and a big sorry to echelon for the incorrect posting that i made