PDA

View Full Version : Humax PMCT & General Help

boris1981
18-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Guys,

Sounds a stupid questions but im a bit rusty on the Humax issues....

Can you let me know the following

What is a PMCT??

I am just wanting to get my 5400 IRIC back decoding channels.

What are the best programs to use to load all info back to my Hummy. I am currently using Dudes Toolboxso it a little out of date.

And can some tell me step by step How I need to load the files and settings.

Sorry guys to ask..

Boris

I have a 5400 With the new hot installed however nothing is working.
Using a motorised dish to recieve channges from 13* and 19.2*

kur1su
18-04-2008, 02:00 PM
did you also load a recent key.bin? is there a funcard / goldcard with irdeto bootstrap in the slot? is astra on antenna 1 and hotbird on antenna 2 or what are your settings?

boris1981
18-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Settings are PET.

Sorry I need to be reminded how to load these things as i said im prety rusty and need all the help!

Thanks

Boris

chrishellis
18-04-2008, 02:47 PM
@ boris1981

this is order of things i do to get the best out of the best - the humax irci 5400 patched

load the latest patch TOH Ver 3.4 10.9 ( thx fellas/TOH team for keeping this STB right up there )

load the latest pet settings --> check out voith's adjusted settings here --> Ideal - remember 2 keep under 4000 chs including radio chs

load the latest pmct --> xamuh 's is good but there r others - again posted here

load latest bin file - quite a few 2 b found here and elsewhere - good idea to keep loading latest bin file as and when they r released

in toh config Menu

put caid + emu

emu + ecm

nagro to auto ( where updates do AU - u can switch 2 off if u load manually or if no AU)

have a fun file inserted in top slot for emu to work ( use latest fun file - although not really necessary needs to b updated)

i use WinOak + for firmware

i use humbox Ver 4.1 for settings file ( each time u use settings file - u need to reset config menu as above)

i use pmct edit table to put in pmct table

i use DSR ver 5.6 for loading the bin file

there is a tool proviso which is readily available here to do all - but i use above

BTW

if u have latest or any patch in - do not scan and add chs --> always use P/C to upload channel settings as u can get the three dots syndrome ( flashing 3 dots - don't worry if u do - just put settings file in from P/C 2 cure)

For TPS chs 2 work set time GMT + 1 - then goto france 4 is one i use - u can then c TPS chs - u need to do this everytime u go 2 another provider

To get the most chs u need motorized Dish - i just use 4 satellites 19 e /13e/5e/1 west - -> there r others of course available and depending whether u use disk motor or H-H motor - u can re-adjust the attenna settings in installation menu of humax or alter them in settings file using Humbox Ver 4.1 B4 uploading settings 2 Humax

BTW

A suggestion - keep a record of your Humax irci 5400 within status part of menu i.e. system ID/Loader Version etc bearing in mind never attempt 2 change loader type of which there r 4 types L137/H137/L208/H208 - the application which TOH boys keep updating is ok for all loader types

Also power off and on --> via standby switch on the STB when updating - STB needs 2 b on when u upload bin file but off for all other updates - use switch on STB for these and do not use the remote

its a wonderful well supported STB and i/family have about 6- 8 STB's in total would not have anything else

if i think of anything else i'll add here

rgds
chris

boris1981
18-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Thank you very much

It makes sense and it remember parts of it