PDA

View Full Version : Calzage vs Hopkins

dwevans
19-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Does anybody know of any feeds or are there any other channels (apart from Satana) showing it?

sparky_dog
19-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Sport.ro, Polsat Sport Extra, RTL (delayed but FTA)... take your pick! ;)

chelseaboy
19-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Polsat sport extra 13e polsat
Sport romania 1w
Sport 1 Cze 1w
sport 2 Hun 1w

Hope this helps

chelseaboy

wellwell
19-04-2008, 12:32 PM
yea, but anyone know which has english commentary please?

sparky_dog
19-04-2008, 12:35 PM
yea, but anyone know which has english commentary please?

Setanta...:rolleyes:

You could watch any of the above whilst listening to Radio 5 Live.;)

dave3dg
19-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Lj's sez the ko is 2am but not definately the bout start time :cup-006:

trotwood
19-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Does anybody know of any feeds or are there any other channels (apart from Satana) showing it?

Fox turk FTA 42*EAST and 33* east.

wellwell
19-04-2008, 07:35 PM
thanx sparky dog but find the commentary lag on r5 to much.bo**ox to sentanta i wanna watch for free, thats the fun!!!

sparky_dog
19-04-2008, 08:50 PM
thanx sparky dog but find the commentary lag on r5 to much.bo**ox to sentanta i wanna watch for free, thats the fun!!!

Yes, I know what you mean, but last time I did that was the Hatton-Mayweather fight and sync was perfect!:cool:

BOOGIBEAR
19-04-2008, 09:05 PM
echo what sparky says,no delay at all last time,radio 5 on dab and a 1 of the mentioned channels,oh yes seem to get a better signal with a crate of beer by mi side:respect-023:

^^COMPASS^^
19-04-2008, 10:04 PM
well i will have my dab digital radio on pause and rewind for english commentory as my digitalb card has expired (not worth renewal till next premership season )

:D

nush
19-04-2008, 11:52 PM
any1 know what time the fight starts on polsat sport ?

cheers

der01
20-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Anybody know if its repeated on sunday afternoon i missed it on sunday morning

sparky_dog
20-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Sport.ro at 19:00 local time, 5PM UK time I think... :)

der01
20-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks sparky dog

sstylianou1976
20-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I saw the fight on Polsat Sport Extra in the early hours and I thought it was a good fight plus has the best picture regardless of the audio and also well done to Joe that Hopkins did not deserve to win period.:respect-067:

wellwell
20-04-2008, 06:17 PM
sorry to disagree m8 thought hopkins was robbed, so did pundits on r5!!

sparky_dog
20-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Hopkins coasted for the second half of the fight and paid the price.

bonovox
21-04-2008, 02:38 AM
Never rated Joe Calzaghe and thought neither deserved to win the fight. I thought it was a pretty poor fight to be honest. Bernard Hopkins is too old and that showed in the later rounds. As for Calzaghe, ok you can't argue with a record that has no defeats but to be honest to be rated as a truly great fighter you have to box Americans in America. This is the first time he has fought in America and he fought Hopkins and sort of beat him but Hopkins is way past his prime. Now the talk is he might be fighting Roy Jones another guy that is years past his best. One thing I will say for Calzaghe, he knows when to fight the yanks, when there way past there best. At least you can say that Hatton fought boxers at their prime as he did when he fought Mayweather even though he was totally outclassed. Boxings a bit of a joke these days. 5 world titles at each weight and a Heavyweight division that has no recognizable boxers. Even a crap boxer like Audley Harrison might have a shot. Ok thats pushing it a bit!:eek:

yanbo
21-04-2008, 06:40 AM
watched the fight on hbo broadcast and even they scored 116-111 to calzaghe,they more aless thought it was easy to score from the forth round as hopkins just wanted to pop shot here and there and thought he could win the rounds.oh yeah nice grammy award for hopkins for going down.some of you may not rate calzaghe but he is exceptional that you cant doubt.as for hopkins being robbed think you lads need glasses

wellwell
21-04-2008, 07:32 AM
my very thoughts bonovox ,well said can you imagine calzaghe in with hagler would have killed him!!

sparky_dog
21-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Although JC's work isn't pretty, he does get the scoring shots in. He won the fight on workrate, and Compubox stats bear this out... 232-127 Total Landed and 187-116 Power Shots, both in favour of JC.

rasp
21-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Never rated Joe Calzaghe and thought neither deserved to win the fight. I thought it was a pretty poor fight to be honest. Bernard Hopkins is too old and that showed in the later rounds. As for Calzaghe, ok you can't argue with a record that has no defeats but to be honest to be rated as a truly great fighter you have to box Americans in America. This is the first time he has fought in America and he fought Hopkins and sort of beat him but Hopkins is way past his prime. Now the talk is he might be fighting Roy Jones another guy that is years past his best. One thing I will say for Calzaghe, he knows when to fight the yanks, when there way past there best. At least you can say that Hatton fought boxers at their prime as he did when he fought Mayweather even though he was totally outclassed. Boxings a bit of a joke these days. 5 world titles at each weight and a Heavyweight division that has no recognizable boxers. Even a crap boxer like Audley Harrison might have a shot. Ok thats pushing it a bit!:eek:

Who was lacey then another has been.

RASP

bonovox
21-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Jeff Lacey was a pretty poor American and was desperate enough to come to the UK for a title shot. Calzaghe may have a great record but for all his career he's been a stay at home boxer. To get credibility in Boxing you have to fight the big fights in the USA. In fact the same can be said for a lot of recent UK boxers that have been found out when they have travelled across the water. One being Naseem Hamed (where the hell did he go?). Another guy way over rated who got spanked when he came up against a true world class boxer. Credit to Calzaghe whose had the knack (or his management) of earning an unbeaten record but question marks will always remain of a guy who has spent most of his time fighting nobodies in his backyard. Somebody mention Marvin Hagler, yep now we are talking different class. Talking of Hagler though, I recently see an interview with him on the BBC and couldn't believe how bitter he still is about when Sugar Ray Leonard beat him in 1987. Yes Marvin it was a close fight but Sugar Ray just did enough. Ahhh great boxers and truly great fights!

chelseaboy
21-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Jeff Lacey was a pretty poor American and was desperate enough to come to the UK for a title shot. Calzaghe may have a great record but for all his career he's been a stay at home boxer. To get credibility in Boxing you have to fight the big fights in the USA. In fact the same can be said for a lot of recent UK boxers that have been found out when they have travelled across the water. One being Naseem Hamed (where the hell did he go?). Another guy way over rated who got spanked when he came up against a true world class boxer. Credit to Calzaghe whose had the knack (or his management) of earning an unbeaten record but question marks will always remain of a guy who has spent most of his time fighting nobodies in his backyard. Somebody mention Marvin Hagler, yep now we are talking different class. Talking of Hagler though, I recently see an interview with him on the BBC and couldn't believe how bitter he still is about when Sugar Ray Leonard beat him in 1987. Yes Marvin it was a close fight but Sugar Ray just did enough. Ahhh great boxers and truly great fights!

agree totally with you there mate, as for the hagler, leonard fight, what a cracking fight that was, leonard was really slick, and that skillfull.

His tactics against hagler were brilliant and i always thought he outpointed him and thats why he got the desicion.

Likewise when ali beat foreman in africa, these boxers knew how to fight, and how to beat there opononents tactically.

Calzaghe got a result against an old man who might not have thrown more punches, but he done more damage to calzaghe than what he took himself.

Hopkins face looked like he hadnt been in a fight, i supose when your 43 he was using all the tactics he could, with holding and pretending to be hit low.

Saying that Calzaghe did throw more punches, but looking at both fighters afterwards you would have said calzaghe had been hit the most.

chelseaboy

simon 2003
21-04-2008, 10:58 PM
i thought joe won on sheer workrate never took a step backwards and won by 3 or 4 rounds,hes fought and beat who was put in front of him never really dodged anyone in his division thats why he went up a weight,although the middleweight division is dead now like the heaveyweight,i mean hagler,hearns,delahoyah(in his prime),leonard,and my all time favourite roberto Duran to name a few,we even had a few good uns,benn,eubank,watson ,no characters anymore either side of the pond

bonovox
22-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah Sugar Ray Leonard and Ali are my all time favourite boxers. Some great boxers around when they were about. I think of recent years Oscar De Lay Hoya has been one of the best around for bringing something special to boxing. He's fighting again in May. Anyone noticed how these boxers like Hopkins can come back at 43 and still be challenging? I just think its down to the standards being pretty poor. I mean when you think how Ali tried to continue at 38 years old in 1980 against Holmes and got completely hammered. I think what Boxing needs is one World Title at each weight. Never happen though.