PDA

View Full Version : Darkbox review and manual?

Angelacr
27-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi,

Could one or two of the 7 owners, (judging by the patch download fugures), of a Darkbox Rev 2008 HD please say something about how they find it in use. What is the picture quality like in both SD and HD? Is it worth owning?

And are there any online manuals available to read before purchase?

Angela

ejmbon
28-04-2008, 11:10 PM
hi m8 picture quality is very good in both sd and hd, box is very easy to use and update using a usb flash drive, usb pvr function
not working yet but will be in future updates, no channel editor at
the mo but expected soon, au on premiere and tps with patch.
i have not seen a manual online.

all the best ejmbon

Angelacr
29-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Thanks!!:respect-048:

Angela

chris-k
29-04-2008, 10:44 AM
ejmbon
i wonder if theres any support for original cards
for ex nordic nds viasat and conax canal digital system.
regards chris-k

chris-k
29-04-2008, 11:41 AM
tj2
thanks for an honest answer m8
as nothing much is said about this box,
and the specs seems to be ok,
i was thinking of bying this one but now,
when an honest guy like you tells me the truth,
im not :)
thaanks again
regards chris-k

pjas
29-04-2008, 11:58 AM
in the same boat as you chris-k looking for a hd box but cant decide :nopity:
and the dark box looked good for the price but after reading the post by tj2 i think i will look elseware

chris-k
29-04-2008, 12:09 PM
yeah maybe it´s to early to buy a hd-box,
anyway i´m gonna take a look at ipbox 9000hd
or dream about a revolution when the qbox hd
finally gets out . and then feeling betraid when they stop support the inside diablocam:(
just tease myself and then wait a couple of months.
and make my decision when the dark autumn gets here
regards chris-k

ejmbon
29-04-2008, 12:25 PM
i must be one of the lucky ones then mines working fine, it even accepts my sly freeview card straight in the slot and updates ok.
ejmbon

chris-k
29-04-2008, 12:28 PM
ok thanks tj2
think i´ll wait as i said before m8
chris-k

DARKMAN
03-05-2008, 03:28 PM
hi m8 picture quality is very good in both sd and hd, box is very easy to use and update using a usb flash drive, usb pvr function
not working yet but will be in future updates, no channel editor at
the mo but expected soon, au on premiere and tps with patch.
i have not seen a manual online.

all the best ejmbon

Just to correct somethink.

SD darkbox Has been fist receiver in Market USB PVR working perfect even with Encrypt channels..

Now about HD that never will work for PVR in USB .USB is only HOST for updating s/w
HD model has another nice choise for PVR on the back ...Is bloke by Sticker but if you take of there is Host SATA conection by the end May that drivers will update and will be SATA PVR ...beter of USB pavr ..Sata is the faster one more quality.

Ah picture Quality is perfect and the best Bugett Receivvers for Both SD and HD..

now coming to New Models

SD-PVR 2008 fix Rf modulator 21-69 sensitive tuner

and

HD sat and HD sat-Terrestrial Calling Combo with better performance and VDF display.

Welldone Darkbox

Satdude
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Good one brother Darkman.

Regards Satdude. :respect-067: :respect-055:

Angelacr
03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Your answers helped me make up my mind as to which receiver to buy and consequently I have just taken delivery of a kathrein ufs 910.

Angela

DARKMAN
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Your answers helped me make up my mind as to which receiver to buy and consequently I have just taken delivery of a kathrein ufs 910.

Angela

weldone ,i Hope you be happy doesnt matter wich receiver you got.

chris-k
16-05-2008, 06:00 PM
stupid me i realise now iŽd allready got an answer for my first question :(
quote darkman (SD darkbox Has been fist receiver in Market USB PVR working perfect even with Encrypt channels..)
Darkman i hope this means that original conax cd nordic is working ok even with darkbox hd.
keep up the god work you do Darkman. :)

madsod
31-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Just to correct somethink.

SD darkbox Has been fist receiver in Market USB PVR working perfect even with Encrypt channels..

Now about HD that never will work for PVR in USB .USB is only HOST for updating s/w
HD model has another nice choise for PVR on the back ...Is bloke by Sticker but if you take of there is Host SATA conection by the end May that drivers will update and will be SATA PVR ...beter of USB pavr ..Sata is the faster one more quality.

Ah picture Quality is perfect and the best Bugett Receivvers for Both SD and HD..

now coming to New Models

SD-PVR 2008 fix Rf modulator 21-69 sensitive tuner

and

HD sat and HD sat-Terrestrial Calling Combo with better performance and VDF display.

Welldone Darkbox well its now the end of july and still no pvr . so when will we get it . im not sure we will ,,

eme
31-07-2008, 08:15 PM
just thinking that ,but u beat me to it. if its any later the lights will go out. :07:

paul01609
31-07-2008, 08:20 PM
dreambox 800hd very happy with it,nice bit of kit

quibath
31-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi,
Well You only have to wait...wait.So be patient:001_07:

And did I forget...be patient...

Q

Device
05-08-2008, 03:56 PM
hehehe.. good one! I've been waiting 6-7 months and not a fart about PVR. But you are right, have to wait. :) Damn good hardware but software is... ahem.. better say nothing.:001_07::D
But hey, thats a life. :p

simonuk
13-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Picture is ok but support is $hit, its full of bugs and promises of updates which never appear, It should never have been released until all was fixed

madsod
13-08-2008, 05:07 PM
well i just got the 6900 what a super stb this is i have to say for me the darkbox is no good at all and thats be nice as i cant say what i really think . , time to put it on **** .... should be pvr never ready . and full of bugs

simonuk
13-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Thats the problem I had "Aw it will be PVR ready etc" It never was nor do I think it ever will be.

quibath
13-08-2008, 07:10 PM
well i just got the 6900 what a super stb this is i have to say for me the darkbox is no good at all and thats be nice as i cant say what i really think . , time to put it on **** .... should be pvr never ready . and full of bugs

Hi,
Congratulations ..new box.:woot-035:

I will still have my Darkbox as an example how boxes should not work.:respect-050:

Device
18-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Totally agree... man, this was one expensive lesson for me. Never have i been soo wrong.. All the hype and as it turns its the worse supported receiver i ever had. Its soo buggy that its funny and promised feature never happened... Oh, i better stop....

noff
16-09-2008, 11:36 PM
2 of my friends, in haste, bought these boxes and are both regretting it now.

I have said this before and I will say it again

"he who follows the dark side of this hobby, will be able to see naff all"

madsod
17-09-2008, 07:51 AM
well i email them and asked for my money back so far no repley . so i will write to them a the weekend . it does not do what it was sold for . get the 6900 for get the darkbox

madsod
17-09-2008, 01:54 PM
well i had to email again and yet a nother post was closed by they mod we cant talk about this any way i have been total it will be ready when it is and no refund , so take it from me as a exmod on a**at DO NOT BUY THIS BOX IF THE PVR WORKS MAYBE BUT THE MENU are bad also and it will lose singal for no reson what so ever i was asked to look at my long and lat or my dish could be out after 20 years and all my other stb work i dont think so madsod very pi**ed OFF

Device
17-09-2008, 04:02 PM
oh man, i fully understand. i reported the problem i had with software and i was told it will be looked into.. well, that was 2 months ago. Well, what can i say, i'm disappointed. Menu system is very hard, makes everything very difficult. Originally i purchased it because it was "PVR Ready", then when i found its not we all heard about it will be fully operation by start of May. Well , we all know now that wasn't correct. And if you ask now about PVR you are lucky to get answer "when its ready will be released". I'm surprised with this attitude and complete lack of respect for customers. Some of the problems i tried to address were met with very hostile responses and suggestions that i don't know what i'm doing with dish, mind you i have been involved in this hobby for last 10 years so i think i know a fair bit :)
Enough moaning from me, on positive side i think some of the guys there including Darkman are doing their best with limited support they have from manufacture . It would be all ok if that site owner came clear and said what is the status and it would go a long way if they were able to control some of the hostile members (mods) there.

eme
17-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Sale of goods acts a wonderful thing u know. as long as u have contacted them and reported the problems to them there is very little they can do as the product is sold as a pvr and thats that me thinks. :respect-050:u would not buy a motor bike with no wheels would you. :D