PDA

View Full Version : How to save my channel list

santa
27-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Have just edited a uploaded channel list and cannot for the life of me work out just how to download and save to the USB.
Have looked on the Technomate site and there does'nt seem to be software for use with my laptop.
Any help to guide me in the right direction would be much appreciated.:001_07:

bigglesk
28-04-2008, 12:57 AM
There are two ways of saving and sending a chan list to the TM6000 series. The one I use is by use of the "Darkman_TMLoader_187" a "null modem cable" is connected from your PC to the RS232 connection on the reverse of your receiver. With this you can up-load your chan list and/or keys to your lap top and conversly send them to the receiver.

To use the USB on the front of the receiver, you will need a mass storage unit (USB Stick) and send the chan list to this stick which would be connected to a USB port on your lap top. You then connect the stick to the USB connection on the receiver. Click on USB on your remote control and select "Data transfer". As I have never actually used this system, I'm sure some one will come back and correct this if I got it wrong.

That is how it is done as far as I know........ Best of luck

PS. There should be no need for any s/w as your PC should find the USB device and install it when it is inserted and you should find it by clicking on "Computer" which shows all your drives. Hope this helps.

Skytel
28-04-2008, 07:09 AM
as state above unzip the channel list then drag it to your usb pen,plug the usb pen in the receiver ,usb button ,data transfer,highlight the c/list then press ok if asked select normal list

santa
28-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Bigglesk,
thanks very much for taking the time to reply.
I have no problems using the USB for zipping/unzipping and uploading to my 6900, there does'nt seem to me though to be a option for downloading to the stick.
Will connect to the rs232 and give it a go using the software you have suggested later today.
Many Thanks:respect-001::respect-001:

holmroad
28-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry if its a stupid question, but if I download new list by pen as Skytel suggests, do I lose any other settings etc - like the latest patch, or existing previously loaded channels please?:respect-067:

echelon
28-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Sorry if its a stupid question, but if I download new list by pen as Skytel suggests, do I lose any other settings etc - like the latest patch, or existing previously loaded channels please?:respect-067:

well you do on other receivers like the tm1500 so I see no difference here

you wont lose the patch

you will overwrite your existing channel list , and you will lose your other settings like usals etc

so this is why the person is asking how you load your box list onto a pen drive for safety , not the other way round

the null modem cable option should allow you to save the channel list (upload it) to your pc , but he wants to know if it can be done to a pen drive instead ?

Skytel
28-04-2008, 04:07 PM
sorry not sure with your first post what u wanted to do.
if you want to save your c/list from your TM to the usb pen go to usb>data transfer>red(ndf upload) then that is it you c/list will be on the usb pen

bigglesk
28-04-2008, 06:01 PM
@holmroad

If you install another persons chan list, it totally over -rites your TP's and chan list including how the dish is controlled. That is why you will nearly always see a comment such as: "It is important that you make a copy of your own chan list first". When installing or up-loading a chan list with the RS232 there is no need to turn off the receiver.

holmroad
28-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Think I'll stay as I am then guys - not really worth all the hastle!:respect-050:

santa
28-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Skytel,
all sorted now. Always assumed that the upload was from receiver to external source and download usb to receiver. so was always looking for the option. Anyway all worked out now.
Many Thanks for the time and advice.:respect-013:

Skytel
28-04-2008, 10:42 PM
glad its sorted mate