PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Major( ish ) Disaster

Grahamc
30-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Yesterday I could not get a signal using the Humax 5400 and also the dish would not move ( obviously ), I have a 1.2mtr dish and a H-H GBSat motor which i have had for about 5 years with no problems. After the initial fooking about I decided to try the QualiTV receiver in place of the Humax, as soon as it was switched on "over current" flashed at the top of the screen so I swiched off immediatley thinking the motor was knacked.
Today I bought a new motor - with more than a little fooking about ( the GBSat is a top loader and with the new motor the dish fits upsidedown so now the dish is almost scraping the grass, well about 4" ( 100mm ) clearance. I thought it strange that the lnb and input sockets were on the top of the motor ( I suppose this makes it a good idea to read instruction first instead of trying to be a clever b*st*rd - lesson learned )

My biggest problem now is that the same thing happened, first I tried the Humax - not a flicker, then with the QualiTV - "over current" so I am 60 squids out of pocket and no further forward.

If I can get the thing working I will then get a higher pole

Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated

Cheers mates from a glum fooker at the mo
Graham

Skytel
30-04-2008, 10:46 PM
check cable and connection if you even have 1 strand of braiding touching the inner wire it will give you probs,also check if water has got into the cables