PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen, start your engines,the DM800 has ...

wallycharlo
07-05-2008, 07:39 AM
... arrived in the shops :respect-062:

... 449 Euro, ready to ship.

it's on sale on a reputable German sat web site ... not sure if i'm allowed to post a link?

hda5
07-05-2008, 07:42 AM

it's on sale on a reputable German sat web site ... not sure if i'm allowed to post a link?

Posting links isn't allowed mate.
Refresh your knowledge of the rules by clicking here
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=56249

wallycharlo
07-05-2008, 07:47 AM
sorry, of course links are not allowed ...

what i meant to say was can i name the shop which has it in stock?

(I don't want to do so without asking as it may be in conflict with the site's sponsors).

xanadu
07-05-2008, 07:50 AM
I would be surprised if the DM800 is for sale yet.

Last I heard it was not working properly and is weeks away at least, and may not even see the light of day.

Lots of dealers advertise it, but does not mean it's for sale.

No, you can't name the shop unless it is site sponsor Goldwafers. Did you not read the rules?

wallycharlo
07-05-2008, 08:02 AM
i posted neither posted neither link nor name of the shop without asking first so i dont think i have broken any rules :respect-023:

I do accept though that a re-reading of the rules would avoid any further misunderstanding !

I can guarantee you that it's for sale (ie available, on the shelves, ready to come an collect), and it's on a very reputable site.

so I would be very suprised if this is not authentic.

hda5
07-05-2008, 08:04 AM
sorry, of course links are not allowed ...

what i meant to say was can i name the shop which has it in stock?

(I don't want to do so without asking as it may be in conflict with the site's sponsors).

Naming other satellite dealers is against the rules mate.
Pointing members to other dealers isn't very fair on our sponsor.

When the receivers are available in the UK our sponsor will have them.

wallycharlo
07-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Naming other satellite dealers is against the rules mate.
Pointing members to other dealers isn't very fair on our sponsor.

When the receivers are available in the UK our sponsor will have them.

yes, of course I see your point. The initial euphoria of having a confirmation that it was now on the shelves lead to my fingers getting carried away with themsleves.

anyway, the news in general still must be taken as good ...

DaOne
07-05-2008, 10:06 AM
anyway, the news in general still must be taken as good ...

Seeing is beliveing

But Yes if the news is authentic then it is good news allround as the ball is rolling
As im sure our sponsor has his hand in the pie as we speak :respect-059:

doubleudee
07-05-2008, 10:46 AM
DM Board confirms the 800 is in some shops.

A
07-05-2008, 10:48 AM
only cvs image I see for it

Eugenie
07-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Well well well, you just never can tell! Seems the little bugger is finally coming around!

doubleudee
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM
only cvs image I see for it

Look in the hardware section m8, :respect-023:

and for the post in the chat section 'what do I see'

Keano
07-05-2008, 12:23 PM
The company that has them ( i have used them b4 ) sent me a email this morning telling me that they had them in stock.

If I do get one I will wait and it will be from Lee and not a sausage eater called Hans:respect-055:

Eugenie
07-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello everyone (again!), in these times when we tend to get really excited and maybe rush out and buy without thinking twice...may I be the voice of reason and patience?

It might be a good idea to wait and check out the first user reports. As history tells us, DMM has had a few hardware f*ckups in the past. I read horrible things about the tuner over at the DMM board and Iīm hoping I missread it or that the information was false.
Again there was said to be problems with low symbolrates (have we been there before?). It might not be possible to lock DVB-S carriers below 3-4000 ksps! This is a disaster for many if true! Nothing much said yet on the general performace of the tuner module and demodulator.

Just a word of caution m8s, if you like your receivers fully DVB-S compatible. Letīs hope itīs false info or a misstake on my part. I for one will probably wait though!

raul
07-05-2008, 01:42 PM
if you want to wait or not is your personal desicion , the thing and the point of this thread is that the german shop have the long awaited item in stock ready for delivery .

doubleudee
07-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I for one will (eventually) be buying the 800, but NOT AT THIS TIME!, as Eugenie points out, there is a test report on the dm site which shows flaws in the tuner.
I'll wait for revision 1 or 2 to come in I think.

Zipper
07-05-2008, 05:56 PM

Please remember that the dealer concerned also was the one who stated that they had the AB IP9000HD in stock i also had one on order with them it turned out to be a big farce!!, so i canceled it and got a reelbox avantgarde?.:applause-003:

Best Regards.

xanadu
07-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm with Eugenie, and won't be buying this DM800 unless all the tuner problems are fixed.

I am looking at IPBo x 9 0 0/Azbox HD as substitutes.

Zipper
07-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh BTW for those that are interested take a looky here for a bit more info with piccys, quality is not that good though. hxxp://amd.co.at/anti/index2.php?dm800/

Best Regards.:respect-044:

cosworth4x4
07-05-2008, 09:48 PM
i jumped in on the last release of the 7025 ,after being advised not to buy one by goldwafers,3 weeks later i am returing it as it had packed in ,biggest mistake i ever made.

this time if the sponser dont stock them straight off theres prob a reason , dont get bit on the arse , ;)

DaOne
08-05-2008, 07:45 AM
For me IPBox 900 HD, AzBox HD or IPBox 9000 HD as final solution.... I dont want to be a slave of DMM....

Seems the Dream is turning into a nightmare:ack2:
But before I consider any of these boxes
Can the IPBox 900 HD, AzBox HD or IPBox 9000 HD Run cccam ?
As I was told they cant
Could be wrong but thought id ask?

:auto:

raul
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
but you cant share your own card using just mgcamd , are you saying you are happy paying
for servers ?
the only reason why CCcam cant be used - atm that is , is that the author doesnt cross compile it against other arhitecture than ppc and mipsel . but this could change anytime .

nixus
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Not bad that so many guys aren't in hurry with ordering. Then there is a hope that i will not wait in queue for a long time

arch_carrier
14-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Saw this posted on the DMM forum today. WTF are these guys up to? I know it's been a long time in arriving but no need to photograph it in all those places. I hope they didn't drop it especially when they perched it on that stone at the end.

hxxp://de.youtube.com/watch?v=9e0xD7v4j50

Yoda
14-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Saw this posted on the DMM forum today. WTF are these guys up to? I know it's been a long time in arriving but no need to photograph it in all those places. I hope they didn't drop it especially when they perched it on that stone at the end.

hxxp://de.youtube.com/watch?v=9e0xD7v4j50

WTF ????

Is this video about ? its just a couple of idiots and a DM800, its the most pointless video I have ever seen.

crabber
14-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I gave a gbox share to a bloke who had borrowed an 800 from a dealer the other day.
Cccam ran OK, as did mgcam, gbox worked although he had trouble starting it, but time ran out and it had to go back to the dealer. I will keep you informed if I have any more news, picture quality was said to be "better on some channels than others" I haven't seen one myself so don't know how it compares with other HD boxes.

doubleudee
15-05-2008, 05:21 AM
Looking at some posts on the dm forum there are some teething problems with this box, you'd think the time they took to get it released they would have got it right by now.

snakie
15-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Well ... dm800 rocks even in early stages :) some childish bugs with loading the channel list ( using edg nemesis ), and to give more details so we dont have misunderstandings, when you press the up or down arrow on the remote to get the channel list , it takes about 10 seconds to load it because it tries to shrink the picture and show it in a small window in the top right side of the channel list.
Some small problems with tuning on some frequencies dissappeared when i used a direct connection on the box instead my 8way diseqc switch, better performance when used with inverto dvb-s2 0.3 lnb .And yes there were some problems for some frequencies on other satellites for the first batch of tuners,but all of them got examined one by one and then shipped to the dealers.

@neotion: You are slave to no one my friend, you may choose what to buy.It always a matter of what you want to do with the box you will buy. I for example want to sit back , relax , use my CCcam shares and watch some tv when i dont have work to do.For me dm800 is ok , but not IP9000HD.

saviola
15-05-2008, 07:47 PM
snakie does ccam work with the DM800 and are you getting cardshare channels okay?

what is the HD quality like?

snakie
15-05-2008, 08:47 PM
As stated above , CCcam works great and cs channels work great.Picture quality is fantastic on my lcd 32 Humax , i dont know in bigger screens how is gonna look like.In nova greece channels , the upscale of the picture made the difference, it wasnt blurry anymore like in older receivers or normal ones. Good channels to enjoy were the HD of Digitalb and also the sky uk sports + nat geo hd and others on sky uk package.The french ones on astra 19 didnt look so good , but thats a problem from the package side and not the receiver side.

canthackit
21-05-2008, 03:16 PM
So then is the 800 avaliable anywhere?

or is it yet again a load of bollox.

regards:canthackit

Keano
21-05-2008, 04:32 PM

M8 the 800 is out and a couple of members on here have one.

In the UK I don't see anyone stocking it yet but if you look at the German dealers they have plenty.

I have ordered mine on Monday from a German dealer ( soz Lee couldn't wait any longer ) which if DHL pull their finger out I might have it before weekend:king-042:

xanadu
21-05-2008, 06:18 PM

I think the Germans got the first batch.

Hopefully the UK batch will have more of the problems fixed.

pjas
23-05-2008, 04:52 PM
mine arrived today :party: hd looks great (prem and digialb )
will report as i find the good and bad points

saviola
23-05-2008, 05:04 PM
look forward to it. hope the HD picture quality is good and SD.

kewell79
23-05-2008, 05:06 PM
i get mine tomorrow :king-041:

nuku22
23-05-2008, 06:09 PM
mine arrived today :party: hd looks great (prem and digialb )
will report as i find the good and bad points

what about sd pictures?

tighbuidhe
23-05-2008, 06:11 PM
they are now available in the UK .... hope the sponsors get them in soon

pjas
24-05-2008, 08:50 AM
what about sd pictures?

i would say a little sharper than the picture on my dm 600 on sky uk and prem
but digialb a lot better than my 600

lolo
02-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi

I was told DVI dos not carry sound, so how have dreambox managed to get round this problem?.

br
lolo

xanadu
02-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi

I was told DVI dos not carry sound, so how have dreambox managed to get round this problem?.

br
lolo

DMM have routed the audio over DVI that's how. :)