PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with the 800 what u think

Keano
16-05-2008, 11:39 AM
OK now that the dm800 is finally out and a few of you guys have it what do you think ?

Has the problem with searching for all transponders been sorted ?

Does emu's work 100% on it ?

What is picture quality like on both SD and HD ?

Zapping speed etc etc

Please post what you think.

Cheers

Keano

nuku22
16-05-2008, 12:12 PM
im interested in the picture quality as well

Eugenie
16-05-2008, 02:51 PM
I wont comment on the picture, this is something very individual and as long as one cannot try two or more receivers on the very same tv there simply is no point.

For the folks wordering a bit about the tuning
-Locks NBC feed on 15W (SR 1500 Ksps)
-Could not get lock on 11634 H 1028 7/8 on 22W
-Threshold surprises...actually not bad at first clance! Definitely seen worse!
-Generally not very good locktime at low DVB-S symbolrates but nothing really unusual?
-Generally has a very slow automatic scan (go and make a cup of tea/coffe)
-Enigma2 gives SNR in dB
-Enigma2 gives better frontend status on locked signal including
*DVB type and modulation
*center frequency with .000 MHz resolution
*FEC readout (on both DVB-S and DVB-S2!)
-Does not decode 4:2:2
-Will not handle divX

I recommend any 800s user to use the absolute latest official softwares or inofficial based on the very latest official one. The older the software is the more tuning issues and bugs you´ll find!

nuku22
16-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I wont comment on the picture, this is something very individual and as long as one cannot try two or more receivers on the very same tv there simply is no point.

For the folks wordering a bit about the tuning
-Locks NBC feed on 15W (SR 1500 Ksps)
-Could not get lock on 11634 H 1028 7/8 on 22W
-Threshold surprises...actually not bad at first clance! Definitely seen worse!
-Generally not very good locktime at low DVB-S TPs but nothing really unusual?
-Enigma2 gives SNR in dB
-Enigma2 gives better frontend status on locked signal including
*DVB type and modulation
*center frequency with .000 MHz resolution
*FEC readout (on both DVB-S and DVB-S2!)

I recommend any 800s user to use the absolute latest official softwares or inofficial based on the very latest official one. The older the software is the more tuning issues and bugs you´ll find!

did you have the old dreambox?if so,how does the picture compare? i had the dreambox 7000 and i remember the picture on it was rubbish.

Eugenie
16-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Well I did have the 7000s myself some 17 months ago. However, I rightly cannot tell you whether or not the picture is better. The 7000s was used on an older CRT tv set via scart. This one is used with DVI->HDMI on a basic HD ready LCD set. There simply is no way of really giving you a truthful account.

I can say that I did not find the actual upscaled SD picture via DVI->HDMI to be much better then using scart with my old receiver.
For me there was no stunning AAAHHH(!) effect if you will. Will be fun to hear others opinion on this. Others might find the upscaling superb.

It is just so very hard to actually tell what´s good and what´s not when it comes to picture quality and upscaling. Only if one compares directly between different units on the same tv can one spot the difference.

Wish I could give you something more.

cosonic
20-05-2008, 11:28 AM
in the 800hd...does it get too hot with/without the HDD?

doubleudee
20-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks for all the info to all of you, I have one question,
whats the best resource for images?

Keano
20-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Well I don't think the mods have any problem with images being posted, so once I get my 800 ( it is ordered ) I can test and post.

I do know that Pli have a image out and so do EDG.

Forgot to mention CCcam works but AFAIK not the reader yet and be careful if you use newcs it might fry your card in the slot, if you do use newcs_1.60beta but even this needs more testing.

Just had another thought I don't think could post images on here because they are big, Pli image is nealry 30.0MB.

samot4
20-05-2008, 12:36 PM
What about emu support?

Eugenie
20-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I´m using Pli since a few days now, runs pretty well. I use Mgcamd myself as preferred softcam (have not really tested any others nor do I use cards or cardsharing).

The box does get hot (I use an internal 80GB Hitachi)...although it hasn´t gone up in flames yet.

Keano
20-05-2008, 01:59 PM
@ samot4 emu's have been removed from this site for a couple of months now, its better to be safe then sorry.
I think you could discuss them OK but don't quote me on that.
You will find emu's on another site's or upload sites.

@Eugine I have yet to see or feel a HD box that does not get hot, they are very powerful compaired to a normal receiver.
You should see how hot my PS3 gets, it got so hot once it cut out now I have to leave the cabinet door open when I use it and I also have to use my sky HD box not enclosed and have put little blocks under it so it can breath.

davet
20-05-2008, 02:38 PM
I have yet to see or feel a HD box that does not get hot, they are very powerful compaired to a normal receiver.
You should see how hot my PS3 gets, it got so hot once it cut out now I have to leave the cabinet door open when I use it and I also have to use my sky HD box not enclosed and have put little blocks under it so it can breath.

Hi keano I had the same problem with heat from all my boxs in a cabinet now I use laptop coolers under each box about £3 each works a well
btw had to put a vent in the cabinet too

samot4
21-05-2008, 07:10 AM
I was asking wich emus are working on the 800 if any.

Keano
21-05-2008, 07:35 AM
I was asking wich emus are working on the 800 if any.

I know that CCcam and Mgcamd are working OK, have been told that the card slot is not yet working under CCcam.
You also have the newcs_1.60 for reading your cards but it still needs more testing.

doubleudee
21-05-2008, 07:56 AM
@ samot4 emu's have been removed from this site for a couple of months now.

I notice there is still a section for emu's for most of the boxes still there though?

Keano
21-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I notice there is still a section for emu's for most of the boxes still there though?

The dedicated section forjust dreambox emu's has gone, here you could post the latest mgcamd, CCcam etc.

But in a way I understand what you are saying about other boxes, if people are posting emu's that au on many providers for the likes of Technomate, Octagon, Humax then whats the difference ?

dubious
22-05-2008, 12:46 AM
You also have the newcs_1.60 for reading your cards but it still needs more testing.

NewCS 1.60 is quite safe to use, the reason it needs more testing is because there was very little time to test too many cards between 800 becoming available and the release.

zola25
24-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Is Gbox working ok ? if it is then time to get the wallet out.

ian
24-05-2008, 08:43 AM

of course it does mate,i cant see why anyone would have a reason to think that it wouldnt.
the DM800 uses enigma2 so all you have to do is use a mips version for the 7025 or 7025+,stands to reason really if you think about it.ian.

crabber
24-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Can the 800 tune ITV HD? because my Kathrein can't and i might miss coronation street in HD (I am joking)

saintomer1866
24-05-2008, 08:12 PM
same as you m8,
cant believe i'm missing emmerdale in HD:rofl:

xanadu
24-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Can the 800 tune ITV HD? because my Kathrein can't and i might miss coronation street in HD (I am joking)

Another DM800 thread on here says ITV HD does not work.

That's why I am hoping the AZbox HD will be much better than the DM800.

2tone
24-05-2008, 10:05 PM
you might be able to edit the chan list to get it like they did on different receivers

Eugenie
24-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I´ve tried several ways of editing, just doesn´t work...or I haven´t found the working trick.

Gone_Fishing
24-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Presumably you can use dreamboxedit ?

In which case it might be worth checking the "K" and "P" flags if you haven't already tried

K (Keep) Do not automatically update the service's parameters (No DVB)
P (Use PID's) Always use the specified instead of current PID's (No PMT)

TNT

Eugenie
24-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Sure m8, I´ve done all that of course, still won´t open...not here anyway?

Gone_Fishing
25-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Just checking M8 :respect-051:

TNT

Eugenie
25-05-2008, 12:48 AM
It might be a job for the DMM developers to fix whatever it is keeping the colours from appearing.
Maybe other Dm800 users have better luck then me. Seems to me it should be sorted one way or another though. ;)

spud
25-05-2008, 08:33 AM

of course it does mate,i cant see why anyone would have a reason to think that it wouldnt.
the DM800 uses enigma2 so all you have to do is use a mips version for the 7025 or 7025+,stands to reason really if you think about it.ian.

Are you sure? I think you may well be wrong about the 800 and Gbox at the moment.

ian
25-05-2008, 08:43 AM
yes i am sure.
i have peers in my share that are using the DM800.
what makes you think it doesn't work?is it just because you haven't yet managed to get it to work yourself?
if so this is a blinkered point of view.ian.

bobi
25-05-2008, 11:10 AM
yes i am sure.
what makes you think it doesn't work?is it just because you haven't yet managed to get it to work yourself?

i will ask agein , are you sure it works ??

i have not gott a dm 800 my self, but a very close friend of mine has
we have tested with g-box and it does not work on the HD channles.

on the SD channels it works for few seconds then it disapeers.

the box gets way to hot , and there is still problems with the diseq protocoll.

CCcam on the other hand works good,

also seems dreambox has big time problem with some low frequencies ,

now all this is forwarded to me from my friend,
he has had dreambox since day 1 , and he is very good at linux
so im quite sure he will not lie to me.

anyway, it is nice to hear from those ppl that have the box in their hands.

cheers

bobi

spud
25-05-2008, 02:19 PM
yes i am sure.

You have it running on a DM800 on it's own?
Not using any other box as a server?

If you do this is great news, but others are reporting
Gbox isn't working on the DM800

ian
25-05-2008, 02:38 PM
no i have a 7020.i dont have the DM800.
but i have peers in my gbox share that are using the DM800 and sharing perfectly well with me,without any problems at my end.

crabber
25-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I did some tests with a member of this forum, he reported his 800 worked well as a gbox client from a group but we did not have a chance to test it as a server before he reverted to Cccam.
I am still very interested to find exactly what the 800 can and can't do as I am getting fed up with my kathrein which although it has an excellent picture is limited by really only working as a client.
I recently spent ages trying external card readers only to discover that mgcamd and newcamd client will run happily on their own but not together.

snakie
25-05-2008, 06:52 PM
err.. u know me from other forums :) dm800 worked happily as a client for gbox,only had a problem with the startup script but that wasnt something that bothered me.

crabber m8 i think its time to go for a dm800 and sell the kathy , im sure someone will want it.
Newcs and mgcamd have no problem working together but mgcamd cannot share back to gbox any cards , maybe in next versions it will get implemented, but still again the kathrein support is dropped for now.

satfoot
26-05-2008, 09:41 AM
no i have a 7020.i dont have the DM800.
but i have peers in my gbox share that are using the DM800 and sharing perfectly well with me,without any problems at my end.

Can some peer using dm800 confirm whether he can view hd channels or not? thx.