PDA

View Full Version : 1.5M dish

satwyn
18-05-2008, 01:01 PM
looking for a new 1.5 m dish only know of one gibertini would be nice if andrews did one in this size need a bit more gain for some transponders on 1w sold my precision 1.8m that woud have done but I would like to pole mount the dish on the wall have used the gibertini 1.2m in the past don't like the polar mount setup the andrews is mutch better using andrews 1.2m now with invacom .3 quad I'm also thinking of trying a invacom .3 quad c120 with matching andrews feed I have one here somewhere to see if it improves matters no more gain to be had from existing setup

Jono
18-05-2008, 01:43 PM
What sort of price you looking at spending satwyn and do you want new or used.

Regards

Jono

satwyn
18-05-2008, 02:01 PM
new or a1 condition used would be ok price not really a problem I do work in the sat trade so I can obtain new at reasonable price but there seems to be a shortage in the uk of this size

Jono
18-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok don't think the 1.8 i'm thinking of will be in a1 better off just getting your suppliers to get you a lead time on delivery.

By the way when you had a 1.8mtr did it pull in nilesat for you down on the Llyn. would'nt mind tring it if it did here ar a mon.

Regards

Jono

Keano
18-05-2008, 02:21 PM
m8 got my 150cm Gibertini here still, only thing is that its brown and not white.
They are made of steel and one piece.

They perform very well if used with matched feed and c120, which I also have.

Here it is next to my CM240.

satwyn
18-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok don't think the 1.8 i'm thinking of will be in a1 better off just getting your suppliers to get you a lead time on delivery.

By the way when you had a 1.8mtr did it pull in nilesat for you down on the Llyn. would'nt mind tring it if it did here ar a mon.

Regards

Jono

tried two 1.8 for nilesat precision prime focus and andrews the andrews had the edge but no you need to go bigger andrews 2.4 comes to mind but even bigger for rain fade ect would be advisable both my tests were made using invacom single .3 c120 lnb I also used maching feed for the andrews

Sat-Pro
12-08-2008, 11:25 AM
where to in the uk did you do the test and what signal levels did you get

tried two 1.8 for nilesat precision prime focus and andrews the andrews had the edge but no you need to go bigger andrews 2.4 comes to mind but even bigger for rain fade ect would be advisable both my tests were made using invacom single .3 c120 lnb I also used maching feed for the andrews

renibacterium
12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
IRTE 1.5m