PDA

View Full Version : 800 HD Released

jackpot18uk
18-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Just received e-mail from UK Sat supplier, says the DM 800HD is finally here:

'Great news the High Dedinition Dreambox is finally with us-The DM800HD,

Powerful receiver for digital TV and Radio programs.

Main features are a 300 MHz processor
the Dreambox DM800 supports the Linux TV API
10/100MBit compatible Ethernet Interface
DVI connector
plug & play Tuner
brilliant OLED display
SATA for use either as internal HDD 2,5“ or eSATA'

Hopefully the we should have news from the board sponser soon.

SATA for use either as internal HDD 2,5“ or eSATA

Jono
18-05-2008, 10:51 PM
look forward to here goldwafers respons as he is in with the main importer.
Anyone want a well looked after 9100 LOL.
Trip to the bank i think or shall i wait for the 8000HD any ideas when thats coming out.

Regards Jono

Eugenie
18-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I reckon the 800s has been out almost two weeks now in mainland Europe (got one of the little critters under my tv), must have taken a few days extra to reach the UK market. The 8000s on the other hand, well I´m afraid the answer to that question requires a crystal ball!

mrdude
19-05-2008, 07:08 AM
I reckon the 800s has been out almost two weeks now in mainland Europe (got one of the little critters under my tv), must have taken a few days extra to reach the UK market. The 8000s on the other hand, well I´m afraid the answer to that question requires a crystal ball!

Hmmmmm, I can't find them anywhere. As you have got one m8 can you let me know if I could get the sat version and use the cable tuner that I have spare from my dreambox 600. My cable tuner for the 600 picks up HD channels and can be viewed on the pc - but as the 800 has the HD codecs or whatever already inside I wondered if the tuners were the same.

xanadu
19-05-2008, 07:55 AM
If Goldwafers aren't stocking it then I won't be buying one.

I need to know all the problems are fixed.

Eugenie
19-05-2008, 10:22 AM
@mrdude...I think I saw someone ask that very question on another forum (maybe it was the DMM forum), anyway, I do believe the same DVB-C tuners can be used...although do NOT take my word for it, get a second opinion.

@xanadu...I reckon the worst problems are fixed, for ex, there were some pretty big tuning issues but they seem to be just about fixed. The DMM folks have been spitting out new images basically every day, racing to get all major issues sorted out. I held off a few day but then gave in. Seems all the first stocks went straight to german dealers.

mrdude
19-05-2008, 06:15 PM
@ Eugenie - thanks for the info m8. I'll wait until a few members here have bought one and let me know the ins & outs and any problems etc.

xanadu
19-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Can you get ITV HD with video and sound @28E on the DM800 ?

Eugenie
19-05-2008, 11:06 PM
I did have a quick go at it and did not have any success. It is something I plan to look into a bit more.

Edit; had another go at it and cannot get video, I do get a stuttering audio. Either there is a trick yet to be discovered or it´s something for the developers to sort out.

xanadu
20-05-2008, 07:51 AM
I did have a quick go at it and did not have any success.
Thanks for trying Eugenie

KMM
31-05-2008, 05:58 PM
look forward to here goldwafers respons as he is in with the main importer.
Anyone want a well looked after 9100 LOL.
Trip to the bank i think or shall i wait for the 8000HD any ideas when thats coming out.

Regards Jono

ill advise you to re read the rules you are new here and sailing very close to breaking them.
thanks.

cosworth4x4
31-05-2008, 06:23 PM
kmm please read the above thanks then read here.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56249