PDA

View Full Version : 65 cm dish

Grahamc
20-05-2008, 05:54 PM
My mate would like to start the hobby, I have a s*y 65cm dish I could give him, would it pick up 19east and 13east with a double lnb in Newcastle upon Tyne ? as I think that would be the best place for him to start.

echelon
20-05-2008, 05:59 PM
should be no problem , as I used a 59cm zone 2 dish and got 13e , 19e and 28e on it using an lnb rack and 3 lnb,s

the only problem with your setup is that a monoblock is designed to fit on the end of the arm of an 80cm dish , so it would be out of focus on a bigger or a smaller dish , meaning you would have to lengthen the arm to fit a monoblock lnb in order to get 13e and 19e , but an lnb rack and diseqc switch will work fine

Grahamc
20-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Cheers echelon

Sat-Pro
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
What is the signal like on 28 east in the rain with this set up also what lnb-fs are you using with this setup thanks

should be no problem , as I used a 59cm zone 2 dish and got 13e , 19e and 28e on it using an lnb rack and 3 lnb,s

the only problem with your setup is that a monoblock is designed to fit on the end of the arm of an 80cm dish , so it would be out of focus on a bigger or a smaller dish , meaning you would have to lengthen the arm to fit a monoblock lnb in order to get 13e and 19e , but an lnb rack and diseqc switch will work fine

satpaul
12-06-2008, 09:34 PM
If you fit a Monoblock on a Zone 2 Sky Dish it does 9 degrees apart I should know have done a few 19 and 28 east with them

echelon
12-06-2008, 10:39 PM
If you fit a Monoblock on a Zone 2 Sky Dish it does 9 degrees apart I should know have done a few 19 and 28 east with them

depends on the length of the dish arm , but with a standard arm you are probably correct , changing the dish arm will change the focus , so for 6 degrees you lengthen the dish arm

as to lnb,s , use any you like , single , dual or quad lnb,s , even sly single or quads will work

fo the slimline ones use alps so you can get closer togrther where necessary

rain should not bother it if you get strong signals in the first place ( unless its really bad , and thats when the sly ones give up anyway )

so if rain stops play , tough !! lol