PDA

View Full Version : which is the best HD-receiver.

carddreamer
23-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I might change my good old Samsung 9500 Ay receiver with a new HD receiver, but do not know what to buy. Is there a receiver which can decode both Canal digital & Viasat channels and also must have the possibility to use a Diablo cam. And it must also be fast responce between the channels change. What receiver do you mean is the best.

nuku22
24-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Topfield TF7710HDPVR with built in hard drive cost about £429.best receiver including best picture quality on the market according to quite a few german satellite magazines.
only drawback is the 5000 channels limitation which i think is preposterous especially these days when basic receivers offer at least 8000-10000 channel capacity.

The Necrom
31-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Topfield TF7710HDPVR with built in hard drive cost about £429.best receiver including best picture quality on the market according to quite a few german satellite magazines.
only drawback is the 5000 channels limitation which i think is preposterous especially these days when basic receivers offer at least 8000-10000 channel capacity.

Hi , Apart from the Topfield , which HD reciever wood we recommend ?
There are many HD recievers and im upgrading soon and wood like to know is it worth waiting for the new Technomate HD model .
Thanks .

necromancer.

xanadu
31-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't think any of the current HD receivers are anything special.

None of them have the wow factor for me.

That's why I am using FortecStar Innovation and Passion until something decent appears.

I am hoping that maybe the Dreambox DM8000 or Azbox HD will be better than the junk that's currently available. :respect-039:

The Necrom
31-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Mate ,

Cheers , i think ill wait a while , i didnt buy the technomate HD box because i decided to hold on , im interested to know what you think of the topfield model ;)

necromancer.

xanadu
31-08-2008, 10:05 PM
It depends what you want from an HD receiver.

If you just want something off the shelf to receive and record with twin tuners and built in HDD, then Topfield have a good reputation in Germany, although I don't have any knowledge of that particular receiver.
Maybe you should also look at the Vantage HD8000 which offers similar features.

For me the limit of 5,000 channels and the fact that it's not user programmable as in not a Linux receiver, makes it restrictive for my personal needs as a future proof receiver.

The Necrom
31-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks very much mate , ill take a look at all the recievers discussed and i agree with you , 5,000 channels can get swallowed up quickly , and i feel as you do , the best is yet to come .

necromancer .

wod
01-09-2008, 12:16 AM
dr dish magazine recommend the vantage 8000s receiver you should check out there review on the website

The Necrom
01-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Cheers for that :respect-051: will do .

necromancer

snakie
01-09-2008, 01:15 AM
I have to agree with xanadu , must be future proof like dm8000

gerryl
01-09-2008, 01:57 AM
What a 'mine field' with the still awaited release of the DM8000 (@700Euro!)...a few boxes have made it to market..and yes one of them is as above is the Vantage, however the others which seems to be getting better reviews and support, one is the AB IPBox 9000 HD (which seems to be 'the same as the DGStation Cuberevo!)

Although you will need to search hard for English forums the IPBox 9000 HD seems to be well supported, what you do need to watch with all HDTV receivers is they come with many options including built in hard drives... all this soon adds up to alot of cash!

For example with DVB-S DVB-S2, DVB-T, DVB-C tuner options the IPBox 9000 HD Plus has x2 DVB-S2 tuners, and as there does not seem to be any Recommended Retail Price have seen the same spec on offer from 400-700 Euro, with UK site at £525+ so shop around!

Wish you best luck in the quest...see Doctor Dish IPBox 9000 review@

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_lsqKAK4c

The Necrom
01-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Hi Gerryl ,

Yes , a minefield it is , but after reading everything here it will not do any harm if i read up as you say ,and wait a while longer . Cash isnt a problem , ill pay £450 if i feel its worth it , future proof ,- well as future proof as it can be anyway , but the dreambox8000 sounds interesting to say the least .

Thanks to everyone for your advice and comments . They are very much appreciated . :)

necromancer.

Barney
01-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Dm800HD great HD pic quality loads fun and lots support aswell .
cant complain ive had my dm800HD 3 months now and still loving every moment of it :respect-057::respect-067:

chelseaboy
01-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Dm800HD great HD pic quality loads fun and lots support aswell .
cant complain ive had my dm800HD 3 months now and still loving every moment of it :respect-057::respect-067:

I think if i was going high defintion i would go for the DM800, i had a humax hdci2000 and was pleased with the picture, but you couldnt run emus on it.

I think im going to wait for the DM8000, i havent really got the money to buy one at the moment, so i think ill wait for the release of the 8000, if it comes out.

chelseaboy

snakie
01-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Many HD receivers are in the market right now, but the main problem is ability to be flexible on changes.
I dont think that someone will go and buy a receiver just to have it sit under the tv.
I for example i want to get the maximum of my receivers, getting receivers that are based on assembly firmware means that im totally depended on the coder of the factory to add additional features on it or to get the hard way and start editing firmwares and patch them.
Having a linux box gives me something more, futureproof capabilities more than another normal receiver.
IP9000 can be a good alternative but it has its own problems and misses something that i use ( CCcam ).
So for the moment i have an MVision HD200 to play with ( cams , patches , season-cs ) along with the dm800, waiting to get dm8000 for more playing.
Besides at the moment im not so excited about HD content around the satellites, only occasional games and films not worthing to give a fortune for an expensive receiver.

back again
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
i had two one a technomate 6900 which broke so 300 pound wasted, i bought myself a passion hd reciever for 149 pounds as i have a diablo cam, it well worth the price, as a few packages will go soon i'd thought i'd leave buying an expensive one for a while

Keano
01-09-2008, 04:04 PM
For me the dm800 as still a long way to go before it can be called good or great.
It still has this on going problem with losing channels and displaying tune error message.

Now cardreader says at the start he wants to decode viasat and canal+ on 1 west.

So this rules many receivers out.

Best bet would be a linux hd receiver and use emu's, at the mo the only decent HD linux receiver is the ip box 9000 aka cuberevo.
This is expensive but have heard some really good reviews from across Europe about this box.
I have myself today ordered its little brother the 900, couldn't afford the 9000 just yet.

I'll see what its like hopefully by the end of the weak.

Dreamcatcher
01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
i had two one a technomate 6900 which broke What broke??

kebien
03-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Can the vantage use cs and emus?
And can TV output setup for NTSC?
I'm interested on the hardware blindscan,and there is little information on some specific uses that i need.
thanks

cherry12
04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi All
Can any one help me?.
I want to re-adjust my east and west linits of the dish, but the system will not let me back into the software on the receiver.
Do anyone know if its possible to solve this problem.

eme
04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
better posting in the right forum. you get the answers quicker that way.:respect-050: