PDA

View Full Version : best image for the 9100

chelseaboy
28-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Im looking for the best image for the tm9100 to put into my flash any advice which is the best image at the moment?

chelseaboy

Keano
29-05-2008, 07:10 AM
m8 i have had UR13 on flash for a while now with out any major single problem.

Last week thought I would try EDG and that was not good, so then I thought would try DS 3.6 that was OK but one major problem if you turned box off then you lost all sat positions.

So for me UR13 is the one.

Only thing is now my 9100super is surplus to requirements and since Tuesday is now sat in the garage.

chelseaboy
29-05-2008, 09:39 AM
m8 i have had UR13 on flash for a while now with out any major single problem.

Last week thought I would try EDG and that was not good, so then I thought would try DS 3.6 that was OK but one major problem if you turned box off then you lost all sat positions.

So for me UR13 is the one.

Only thing is now my 9100super is surplus to requirements and since Tuesday is now sat in the garage.

Cheers Keano,

Ive tried the EDG nemesis image and it seems to work okay with cccam and mgcam, i just need to know what gbox is used.

I have a protec can it be used the same way as a protek?

Ive seen you have got the new dm8000 receiver in some other post's, id love one but just cant afford it at the moment.

chelseaboy

Gone_Fishing
29-05-2008, 01:29 PM
I've got to wonder Keano if your 9100 didn't have something wrong with it as I cant really say I've had
any problems with mine maybe a couple of reboots a week

TNT

makaveli
29-05-2008, 05:15 PM
i have to concur with tnt my 9100 is rock solid apart from the odd reboot. it all depends on if you are using the image in flash or on mmc via iboot or jiboot. if using iboot ot jiboot it depends on the flash image some have alot of problems as the drivers don't work very well. using the ds dual boot cvs and any of edg4.1 or ds 3.6 is fine, even the 16:9 switching is finally fixed

traveller
29-05-2008, 07:41 PM

I have been running DS 3.6 and haven't had any problems loosing sat positions, a real pain to save them but no loss. The only minor problem was no 5e in the data base so had to rescan 4.8e when using Pet channel list. One of the best images that I have tried. :respect-054:

onecard
29-05-2008, 08:24 PM
For me EDG 4.1 & Ds3.6 are the best images I have used. Have had both in flash over the last few weeks and both were soild

catseye
29-05-2008, 08:31 PM
For me the UR13 is the most stable image so far
Ive tried them all recently -had a nightmare with both ds & edg -neither would save any sat positions

Only way around this problem was to switch off the vbox positioner & save every position in the 9100 sat menu & then switch the vbox back on

Its aged me so much im thinking ov applying to go on that channel 4 programme:D:D

quibath
29-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi,
For me EDG 4.1 and UR 13 in my 2 TM 9100.( in flash)
Personally I like more EDG...but both are working.
And I am happy with them also...for long time I have not used anything else than my right hand thumb...uuups .with RC:smilielol5:

Keano
29-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Ive tried them all recently -had a nightmare with both ds & edg -neither would save any sat positions

Only way around this problem was to switch off the vbox positioner & save every position in the 9100 sat menu & then switch the vbox back on

Its aged me so much im thinking ov applying to go on that channel 4 programme:D:D

Nice to see it wasn't just me who had this problem.

I actual like the ds image it was just this losing sat position that let me down.

Gone_Fishing
29-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I have been running DS 3.6 and haven't had any problems loosing sat positions, a real pain to save them but no loss. The only minor problem was no 5e in the data base so had to rescan 4.8e when using Pet channel list. One of the best images that I have tried. :respect-054:

If you open two sessions of dreamboxedit you can copy and paste Bouquets from one to the other so
you could have done that from someone else's settings into pets for 5 East

Thats how I update my settings except I download them from either "king of sat" or "satcodx" using dreamset 2.15

Have you saved a copy of your "config" file from /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ because all your
positions are in there it saves you going through that process again

TNT