PDA

View Full Version : Motorised Dish problems

nworulz
30-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Trying to do a motorised installation for the first time everything is set up i aligned my dish to 28e all working but when i try to move my dish to say 13e or something it goes straight to 0 on the motor anyone got any ideas im using a dreambox and a SuperJack DG-120 H-H motor.
Thanks in advance

nworulz
30-05-2008, 07:44 PM
so i should line it up to 1w?
is that why its messing me around>?

nworulz
30-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Ive set up the elevation and everything on the motor and put my long and lat on the dreambox the pole is 100% straight so no problems there so ill just set it up on 1w and go from there
Thanks mate

nworulz
31-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Tried that mate motor is still messing me around going to 0 all the time i think i need a new motor i think its doing this all the time because i dont have usals not that sure though.

applematt
31-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Ive just called my local Airel/Sat company -- there are going to move my Dish for £68 and re:align it -- if needed of course...I kinda new to this so would not try and do this myself -- the hours lost ..why not pay someone who is bona-fide and can do it 100% ?

nworulz
31-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I would do that mate but i think my motor is broken thats the thing

applematt
31-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I would do that mate but i think my motor is broken thats the thing

Send it back -- will be covered etc get a replacement one. Must be a headache for sure -- hope you get it sorted.

cueboy
02-06-2008, 11:12 PM
hi ya m8 if your dish is going straight to 0 its because the dream box isn't telling the motor 2 go to a sat. because it doesn't know were the sat is nothing 2 do with motor being broken i would say put channel on 30west fta 1 then manually move the motor west to 30 west till u get a picture then store.....

nworulz
07-06-2008, 05:17 PM
UPDATE
Well i paid a installer £40 to sort it out i get all the satellites on the east up to 7e then nothing no 5e etc nothing past 5e so basically nothing west my satellite dish just seems to go facing down for some reason not sure why i think i need a new motor.
Any ideas ?
Thanks for all the replies so far

applematt
07-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Same here -- I repaired and sorted out the installers iPhone and he did me a better deal :D

I had a problem with I set limits and used the recieved to remove all limits etc. My Dish was not setup all and the installers set it up nicely and get a much better signal. I did this as Im scared of heights and was cheaper than buying a new ladder!

Have you ever set limits ?im surprised your installer did not see if your motor was faulty.

nworulz
07-06-2008, 05:50 PM
No i have never set limits or anything my installer couldnt really speak english and didnt know what to do with a dreambox.