PDA

View Full Version : What are the top satelite to have on my motorise system

snoopMonkey123
05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Hello, can anyone advise on the top sateliete station to have on my tm 6900.

I live in buckhamshire any advise will be thoroughly appreciated?:auto:

mrbleu500
05-06-2008, 11:42 AM
It all depends on what satellites you can receive and what you are looking for :) You may need to load a new firmware to get certain channels, see the various posts and stickys.

Have a look at lyngsat for details of all the various satellites and their channels, you could pick up sats from 42e to 40w.

satwyn
05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
have tracked from 68e to 58w here nothing further west than the panamsat at 58w used to watch south african tv on 68e very tricky to pick up because of the low elvevation

snoopMonkey123
05-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Very interesting Satwyn !! i will be interested in watching south Africa which i believe is on Intelsat 7 according lgnstat.

My question is will i able to get automatically or do i need to get an engineer to tune it in for me. Am partically interested in DSTV

satwyn
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
68e very low on horizon you would need a clear line of sight to this position the dish I used was an andrews 1.2m so a large dish is not needed the channels I received were not the one you mentioned more info about your dish setup might help if you're using a diseqc setup usals the motor might track this far east dstv would need to be on the europe beam or if it's in c band a large dish is needed and yet more problems

snoopMonkey123
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Am not really sur but i think my setup is : motorise - d-sequ, tm 6900, triax 90cm.

Another question do i need i an engineer to program this settings.

I have downloaded some coordinate am not sure whether my system was intelligent enough to pick any them up?:respect-010:

stevenalis
10-06-2008, 07:45 AM
On basis your equipment has been set up accurately on installation then why not input your Longititude and Latitude for the USALS setting and then scan satellites like that. You need to add whichever satellite you want to view from the menu to start with. Recommend you work from a satellite which is already set up and then go East and west using lyngsat to find satellites (lyngsat has all cannels and more importantly maps to show whether the satellite covers your area). etc.

Alternatively, use someone's channellist which is likely to have satellites and channels pre-installed for most ad then input your USALS coordinates. I uploaded one on May 24, 2008 which is pretty much upto date. Has most satellites from around 45E (I think, possibly 53E) to 30W which is about as far as my arc goes. If use someone's channel list then back up your own list first using the software either from TM or on the site.

Steve

snoopMonkey123
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Thank Very much Stevenalis!! I will forward your advise.

1, I got couple more question what is the difference between usal and disquel (not sure of the spelling)?

2, Can you point to the direction of you channel list please?