PDA

View Full Version : HD garbage !

TonyO
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I decided to take the plunge and get a HD satellite receiver to watch Euro 2008 footy, it arrived yesterday and I connected it up this morning.

I got a Fortec Star Passion and loaded a channel list and wanged the dish round to 28e, both on my Tosh crt and a HD plasma 42" the picture was **** poor, soft out of focus with colour bleeding on both.

Its more like low def, my hummy takes it to the cleaners in every way, I had such high expectations that I'm really dissapointed how bad it is, its packed back in the box and is going back.

amraniqbal
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
You are bound to get garbage when you buy cheap S**t :D what you need to buy is the new DM 800 :cheers2:

scallywag
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Where as I think for £99 it is spot on. Looks a fantastic improvement on my Tech 1500 on a Panny 42''.
Took a age to get set up mind you.

xanadu
05-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Check or replace your SCART connector and connections.

Make sure only HDMI cable is connected when not using SCART cables.

Fortec Passion gives me top notch picture on SD and HD.

Install the latest firmware as this also improves picture quality.

What firmware are you using?

pipino
05-06-2008, 03:00 PM
connect HDMI cable only,sometimes if you have scart cable on it will take over HDMI signal

scallywag
05-06-2008, 03:45 PM
and that is the case I think on the Passion

xanadu
05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
what you need to buy is the new DM 800 :cheers2:

Think not. :D

I won't be buying a DM800 until they sort the tuner out, and it can receive ITV HD.

Until then, the Passion is my best HD receiver. :D

I am sure Lee won't be stocking them untill they work properly.

amraniqbal
05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Think not. :D

I won't be buying a DM800 until they sort the tuner out.

I am sure Lee won't be stocking them untill they work properly.

I have had mine since 2 weeks now and i have no problem with the tuner ;)

If their was any hardware problems then the only official Distributer of the U.K, Ireland and France would not be selling them then :coolgleamA:

The problem is not with the box, it is with all the members who cant configure and get the box to fully function correctly, their maybe odd driver issues but they are almost all sorted any how so please dont get the wrong messages when you read reports all over forums of people with this prob and that :smilielol5:

kmc
05-06-2008, 07:48 PM
I decided to take the plunge and get a HD satellite receiver to watch Euro 2008 footy, it arrived yesterday and I connected it up this morning.

I got a Fortec Star Passion and loaded a channel list and wanged the dish round to 28e, both on my Tosh crt and a HD plasma 42" the picture was **** poor, soft out of focus with colour bleeding on both.

Its more like low def, my hummy takes it to the cleaners in every way, I had such high expectations that I'm really dissapointed how bad it is, its packed back in the box and is going back.

mine looked great on hd channels with the hdmi cable and not bad on sd channels,so i can't see what was wrong,no bleeding and looked fantastic with football.and in all honesty only traded it in because i wanted the 800
regards
kmc

TonyO
05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I've read lots of post of people saying how good a model it is, somethings got to be wrong with the set up, it shouldn't look so bad.

The definition is awfull.

blade
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I've read lots of post of people saying how good a model it is, somethings got to be wrong with the set up, it shouldn't look so bad.

Are you connecting receiver to screen via scart? whatt resoulution can the plasma handle?
hd channels do look crap with a box-standard non-hd tv connected via scart!

barrysat
06-06-2008, 05:56 PM

hi m8

look here m8 the reciver is good, setup with
tv see i have lg hd its a 1080 set up
42" brillant.
vroom its 8 west hd its picture brii.

TonyO
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
it was better on UHF analogue.

Gone_Fishing
09-06-2008, 12:19 AM

Its most likely your 42" plasma has a screen res of 1024x768, if your watching HD 1080i (1920 x 1080) your screen or your receiver has to down scale the picture, so the quality of the picture depends on the quality of the scaler in both, soft and out of focus is typical of a bad scaling

TNT

carolina
15-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Try to connect decoder to TV using component video-- at least on SD channels you will get better picture than through HDMI ( typically when using component some so called " picture improvers" work in TV when while connected through HDMI not)