PDA

View Full Version : Ebuyer HD Vistron TVs

ManikM
05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
anyone bought one of those cheap vistrons of ebuyer?

what are they like???

im sort of tempted as theyre so cheap - but i might wait for my crt to die before i buy any kind of HD tv....

rkraw3
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi i bought the 42" lcd and so far its great, lovely black frame. and matt screen , easy to watch with the sun shinning in the window ( dont see the reflection) picture is super sharp on hd and super sharp with normal dvd,s . i watched some football when i first got it and it was jaw dropping and i hate football lol they had or may still have an offer with free hdmi dvd player , the hdmi dvd is great sd picture on satelite is great .. for the money i would say its a bargain.. vistron dont make tv,s look on the website you will see its lg. Only a years gaurentee so house insurance may be handy after the warrenty is out lol.. and the name is only a sticker you can pull it off if you want to hide the name.

rkraw3
05-06-2008, 11:07 PM
oh forgot to add sound is verry good with dvd and satelite, with plenty volume ..

rkraw3.

sparky_dog
06-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I was looking at these LCDs, the prices are very attractive, though not as cheap now as they have been - they were knocking the latest 42" gloss black one out under £500 a while ago. One thing I would bear in mind when reading the comments/reviews from the pages on the ebuyer website is that they have now, unfortunately, taken to filtering out most of the 'bad' comments and reviews.

However, there is some interesting threads in the ebuyer forum which are worth reading. From what I gather, the TVs are very good indeed with HD, not so good with SD, and there is a problem with a number of sets being DOA, or arriving with faults. It's also worth noting that these sets are sold as having LG LCD panels, but the TVs themselves are not manufactured by LG.

Having said all that, they are cheap, and external upscaling devices may fix the SD issues. You could also buy a third party 5 year warranty for £125, but you are then talking £665 - I was offered a 40" Full HD Sony Bravia KDL-40D3500 locally for £700 with a free 5 year Sony warranty without pushing the guy.