PDA

View Full Version : dm800 +vbox

SHAGGY
07-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Can anyone help with setting up a dm800 with a v-box 2 positioner what settings to use ect been playing with it but seem to be going round in circles
Cheers shaggy:willy_nilly:

applematt
10-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Did you get this working -- was thinking this looked a good setup

197wskyman
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
i set my m8,s up the other day you need to go into tuner and change to advanced then change to lnb 1 and there will be a lot of other options open,changed to disec 1.2,turn off usals and we had to store each sat to its own positionbit of a pain but it did work

applematt
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
i set my m8,s up the other day you need to go into tuner and change to advanced then change to lnb 1 and there will be a lot of other options open,changed to disec 1.2,turn off usals and we had to store each sat to its own positionbit of a pain but it did work

Did you setup using a VBOX as well?

You have to setup each Sat as numbers ie 1,2,3,4 et c ?

dubious
10-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Go to tuner configuration, select adavanced, select LNB, select diseqc1.2, where it says 'use usals for this sat' change to no

then will appear an extra setting where you can input your vbox positioner number. If you already know the number stored in your vbox for each sat then just enter the number and press ok to store.

If you want to find the sats and store position number then you will need to use the positioner plugin, I thinks there is also a satfinder plugin.

I always use logical position numbers in my vbox for eg, astra19.2 = pos number 19, 13e = 13, 28.2e = pos number 28 etc etc. Makes things alot easier.

applematt
10-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Go to tuner configuration, select adavanced, select LNB, select diseqc1.2, where it says 'use usals for this sat' change to no

then will appear an extra setting where you can input your vbox positioner number. If you already know the number stored in your vbox for each sat then just enter the number and press ok to store.

If you want to find the sats and store position number then you will need to use the positioner plugin, I thinks there is also a satfinder plugin.

I always use logical position numbers in my vbox for eg, astra19.2 = pos number 19, 13e = 13, 28.2e = pos number 28 etc etc. Makes things alot easier.

Thanks for the clear instructions -- just need to order a VBOX now!

SO having having a VBOX makes things more stable? Tried USALS and the DB800 messed up -- ...

dubious
10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Of course you need a 36v motor to use the vbox, assume you already know this ?

Then a vbox is the only way to go.

If you have a diseqc motor and having problems then I guess it maybe the tiny PSU is inadequate to power the motor, this was always a problem for some with the 500 and 600.

applematt
10-06-2008, 04:18 PM
No didnt really understand vbox until today - Better order one. Thanks for the info.

The DM800 is 12v plus I have a 1 meter Dish 15 metres away!

Which one?

Technomate V Box MK 2 or Jaeger V Box MK 2. ??

dubious
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
I've always used 36volt motors myself, if i remember correctly some diseqc motors worked better than others with the 500/600 as they drew less power.

When you think about it, it's alot to ask of that little 12v PSU to drive a diseqc motor with a 1m dish attatched.

Jono
10-06-2008, 07:55 PM
No didnt really understand vbox until today - Better order one. Thanks for the info.

The DM800 is 12v plus I have a 1 meter Dish 15 metres away!

Which one?

Technomate V Box MK 2 or Jaeger V Box MK 2. ??

Hi M8 ,
sorry if i'm not right but why you buying a vbox if you already have a disqe motor. you only need a v box if you have a 36v motor like an actuator

by the way i use a Jaeger and have done for the past 12 months no problems :respect-056:

Regards Jono