PDA

View Full Version : TM5400ci+usb PVR Problem

streetburner
08-06-2008, 08:42 AM
TM5400ci+usb PVR Problem, I downloaded the latest USB patch from technomate site yesterday. I then let the TM format the stick C: ,OK. When I press record it says ( preparing for record, please wait ) then it comes up (error ocurred ) I have also formatted an externel HD to FAT32 and changed its drive letter like I`ve seen in a the thread somewhere but get the same problems. Anybody with same problem or a fix for it. Help!

MrLNB
08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
I was going to hook mine up to record, but i said if it didnt come that way i wasnt bothing to learn how to do it, I have a spare DVDrecorder and i hooked it up to that,

seems to complicated, everyone reporting probs when theve tried. . .

fred fickle
09-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Seems to be a compatability problem with some sticks, I have a 2gb stick and it nine times out of ten gives a error but I also have a 4gb stick and it works perfectly every time!!

Just checked and one is fat (the 2gb one) and the other is at Fat32 so maybe that's why.

tr8.
10-09-2008, 08:32 AM
You will find on the 5400ci+usb that it will only record FTA channels
They will soon be bringing out a super version that can record encrypted channels, but i would say its better just to hook up a recorder via the scart
thats what i do.
The usb is great to update compared to my 1500 its easy. Also with the usb it's handy at the moment as we have to do tps nearly every day