PDA

View Full Version : Humax Foxsat HD...no sound through HDMI?

bonovox
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah just got a Foxsat HD and can't get any sound through HDMI. Sound works through Dolby Digital optical out but no sound through my TV from the HDMI. Faulty box or are there others out there with a similar problem?

hda5
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
There are issues with HDMI sound on some TVs (Samsung TV's are one of the ones affected).
A future firmware update has been promissed from Humax to fix HDMI probs on affected TV's

bonovox
10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks m8, have an LG LCD here. Funny thing is I have just tried HDMI direct to the TV and then there is sound but through my HDMI selector port it won't seem to work. I have a HDMI 4 port selector and use it for xbox360, ps3, HD DVD player and another HD sat receiver and they all carry sound perfectly through this HDMI port. The Humax won't have it though. Shall have to wait for the update and see if that corrects the problem.

Also can anyone tell me why my local BBC is set to BBC London when I have set the postcode properly. Do I add it manually or change it to my local BBC service somehow? Seems strange that it hasn't tuned the proper regional BBC in?

xanadu
11-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Make sure you only have HDMI cable connected. (Remove any SCART/Component cables.

Humax have updated the software to stop component out working on some HD programs from what I have read.

Also there are issues with some Samsung and other brand of TV's that produce no sound via HDMI.

bonovox
11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah I now have sound through HDMI. It sometimes needs to be unplugged and plugged back in for it to work. I hope this is a firmware problem and will be fixed with the next update. Its not a bad little receiver really. Picture on HD channels is great as it is with my Kathrein HD. The picture on ITV's SD channels though is crap. The epg is great and the box has a nice little mode where u can switch between Freesat and Nonfreesat. There are still other problems though like the BBCi channels don't work. Apparently the ethernet is going to support the BBCi player in the near future. Quite a nice addition that will be.