PDA

View Full Version : Humax 5400 Activity

billyreh
12-06-2008, 10:55 AM
We had a good speight of updates for the Humax, but eveything seems to have stopped, there doesnt seem to be much going on for the old Man.

Anybody got any news on if there are any HOT patches getting released or anything else.

Thanks

Billy

Pugs
12-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Humie still decrpts all the usual channels except TPS now that it has left Hotbird. Maybe there will be a patch for this but I can't think of any other improvements to the firmware. Is there anything in particular you are looking for the machine to do?

billyreh
12-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Nothing in particular, just that a few moons ago there were regular patches the Humax but it seems to have stopped, Can you tell me what I can get on Astra and Hotbird, films, sports and XXX

Thanks for your help

Billy

luis
12-06-2008, 04:20 PM
From Astra you can still get Premiere, from HoT Bird Polsat. TPS channels (other than Multivisions) could be cleared until 4 days ago when they changed a pid (so I read), which disables to download the package of keys from France 4 (or other channel on the same frequency). A new firmware (HoT 11.2) is neccessary to make it work again. Donīt underestimate your Humax, itīs still one of the best receivers. The firmware updates were quite often lately, until HoT 11.1. Letīs hope the new one will soon be available.

ripley
12-06-2008, 04:32 PM
most of the ***view package on hotbird is open at the moment if you like that sort of thing:respect-051:

ozzsurf
12-06-2008, 04:35 PM
dont hold yer breath

quote Crazysat @ toh.humax-zone

"feel free to switch to other box model whenever you like"

-http://www.toh.humax-zone.tv/board/viewtopic.php?t=3134

Pugs
12-06-2008, 04:49 PM
dont hold yer breath

quote Crazysat @ toh.humax-zone

"feel free to switch to other box model whenever you like"

-http://www.toh.humax-zone.tv/board/viewtopic.php?t=3134

Why take that sentence out of context?

ozzsurf
12-06-2008, 05:09 PM
the guy at toh.humax-zone
ask for new HoT release

Crazysat said

"feel free to switch to other box model whenever you like" (infact he said it twice)

is that not what it says

and this thread is titled
Humax 5400 Activity

the above is the only Activity iv seen regarding a new patch
ie: telling a humax 5400 owner to get another brand of box
so dont hold yer breath

little devil
12-06-2008, 05:53 PM
there is a lack of keybins and polsat does not auto update anymore

skunk
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
There are still alot of key bins around for the hummy if you look about
skunk

luis
12-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Polsat DID autoupdate today in mine. Needed about two minutes.

bethinked
12-06-2008, 10:31 PM
the guy at toh.humax-zone
ask for new HoT release

Crazysat said

"feel free to switch to other box model whenever you like" (infact he said it twice)

is that not what it says

and this thread is titled
Humax 5400 Activity

the above is the only Activity iv seen regarding a new patch
ie: telling a humax 5400 owner to get another brand of box
so dont hold yer breath

yes ozzsurf agree with u
crazysat words hint about the cross mark for any hot update
so i wll think about a new BOX!

Marco
13-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Polsat and digitv still A.U HOT 10.7 And above

Pugs
13-06-2008, 08:21 AM
"We can't get Nilesat 7W from here being out of its beam and footprint, so we can't even test it and, above all, we don't need it at all for our Humax ... please feel free to switch to other box model whenever you like "

That is the full quote of Crazysat's reply to a request for AU on Nilesat. I don't think it suggests there will be no new patches

CrazySat
18-06-2008, 04:14 PM
"We can't get Nilesat 7W from here being out of its beam and footprint, so we can't even test it and, above all, we don't need it at all for our Humax ... please feel free to switch to other box model whenever you like "

That is the full quote of Crazysat's reply to a request for AU on Nilesat. I don't think it suggests there will be no new patches

Hi Pugs,

you're right, this is the right meaning of my sentence posted at ToH Board...
h**p://www.toh.humax-zone.tv/board/viewtopic.php?t=3134

there were some people from Middle East asking with insistence about a new patch clearing channels on Nilesat 7W and making comparisons with other box and brands working with those channels, so I just explained them and suggested them if they are not happy with Humax to switch to onther box :respect-051:

That's all ... maybe new patch for IRCI-5400 will come in the future and ToH-HoT Team is only taking a breath.

Marco
18-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Cheers for info m8 :respect-054:

CrazySat
18-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Cheers for info m8 :respect-054:

You're welcome anytime, m8 ;)

Franner
19-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the information and the good work its apreciated by me and alot of other members here to CrazySat. regards franner.

harko
03-07-2008, 08:44 AM
hi Guys

just reading through this thread made me think about wiping the dust of my hummi,could someone tell me the latest firmware available and is the a newbie tut out there becouse i have forgotton everyhting about getin channals cleared

cheers in advance
harko

voith driver
03-07-2008, 07:48 PM
hi harko,
just have a rummage in the help section and the firmware all the latest files are up the top of the main page

hope this helps
voith

harko
06-07-2008, 12:55 PM
cheers voith

found all the files , just wondering if is a tutorial for newbies as i forgot the lot ,if i remember correctly there was a right order to upload files and a wrong order

cheers
harko

voith driver
06-07-2008, 01:06 PM
hi harko,

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56281

post 19

loading order
hi all,
if you have any doubts about the order of loading, try this

patch

using hdfsmart and making sure all the modules are ticked on the left, or use hu15

pcm

if needed but always try without, when you load a full patch, the new pcm gets loaded as well.

channel settings

using hnfsmart or humbox

change caid to card+emu
change stb time to gmt +2 for tps

bin
using dsr9500 9.6

when you load the bin, do a verify as this will tell you if the bin has gone in
if this fails (and you will know in a couple of secs) and you have skipped the channel settings, then reload your channel settings as this cleans the bin out and allows you to load fresh

watch telly

hope this helps
voith

ignore the bit about tps and just set the time as per your time zone

bethinked
09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
That's all ... maybe new patch for IRCI-5400 will come in the future and ToH-HoT Team is only taking a breath.

CRAZYSAT please release the new HOT11.2 with all auto
thanks and waiting