View Full Version : OCTAGON HD USB Info's

efeoglu
12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Octagon HD Usb softcam loader info with picture, First released :respect-067:

mrbleu500
12-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Hmmmm...

If that is the standard of the OSD I'm not impressed :(

Compared to many HD boxes, this is a pretty lame interface, a bit like those cheap DVD players you get from Argos/Aldi etc...

One for the boys back in Germany to put on their wishlist m8, I won't be spending £250 on something quite so primitive (and poorly developed, a bit too much German left untranslated). How can you develop such an interesting receiver and load it with such a crap interface...?

I'm gutted :frown:

tommyturnip
12-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Hmmmm...

Compared to many HD boxes, this is a pretty lame interface, a bit like those cheap DVD players you get from Argos/Aldi etc...

One for the boys back in Germany to put on their wishlist m8, I won't be spending £250 on something quite so primitive (and poorly developed, a bit too much German left untranslated). How can you develop such an interesting receiver and load it with such a crap interface...?

What a massive over reaction for a brand new receiver, chill out and wait for more info and/or new developments before parting with your money. I'd be delighted if you can find me a better spec box for the same price.

efeoglu
12-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Hmmmm...

Come down mate you haven't seen anything yet!!! How you can make your mind up with one shot of picture? this is not Manu just the softcam & Usb update section, Main manu is 3D manu.

mrbleu500
13-06-2008, 08:34 AM
From what I have read, it is not just the interface that does not work...

I am not prepared to spend good money just to be an unpaid beta tester for an unfinished product.

zola25
13-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Anyone tested Gb*x on this STB ? seems to have good specs for the price.

efeoglu
13-06-2008, 09:14 AM

I am not prepared to spend good money just to be an unpaid beta tester for an unfinished product.

Upsulutly right you will chose how much to spend, but as you know box is new on market and all the new box are not finished all something to fix same as octagon, box is not even on uk market yet so give them chance bit.:respect-054:

tommyturnip
14-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Neither would I but like I said, chill out and wait a while to see how it develops or exercise your right to spend your money elsewhere. BTW, people who are interested in this receiver (like me) may like to know about reported issues, can you quote what you have read for everyones benefit? Thanks.

mrbleu500
14-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Neither would I but like I said, chill out and wait a while to see how it develops or exercise your right to spend your money elsewhere. BTW, people who are interested in this receiver (like me) may like to know about reported issues, can you quote what you have read for everyones benefit? Thanks.

http://www.octagon.gmc.to/

The official German forum, plenty of feedback on this unit here, use Google translate function if you need to.

tommyturnip
14-06-2008, 06:34 PM
http://www.octagon.gmc.to/

The official German forum, plenty of feedback on this unit here, use Google translate function if you need to.

Thanks, will take a look before parting with my dosh too ;)