PDA

View Full Version : Mvision 9080 USB not holding channels in memory

kalinkovichi1
17-06-2008, 04:48 PM
My Mvision 9080 USB crashed. Had to rescan the channels etc. after scanning and finding the channels and also exiting in the proper fashion, with the receiver indicating that I should wait until it has saved the data, it then fails to memorise the channels !

I have tried upgrading to the latest SW but to no avail as the problem still exisits.

Would this receiver have some sort of back-up battery or is it more likely a problem with some processor / memory chip?

Any suggestions welcome.

maurice
17-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi, I have the same problem quite offten after I have loaded a new file. When you have found the channels req do you Exit, Exit or do you return using the Menu button??? I found that mine was not saving if I came-out of channel shearch using the Menu button only, took a long time to find this out.

kalinkovichi1
17-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks Maurice.
I have been using the menu option to exit but if I remember correctly I also used the exit button route to leave the scan and 'memorise' process.
Just now I cannot get testing as the kids are watching their favourite programmes..and I dare not intrude ! I'll try again later and let you know the result.

maurice
17-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I be back later myself have to go out, regards.

kalinkovichi1
17-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Tried using exit, exit as you suggested.......still no joy :(

maurice
18-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi, Sorry for late reply, when I had my problem I tried to store each individual transponder from a strong Sat i.e. 28deg, I managed to get a couple stored and then I went from there but had to store each one independantly and each time it crashed this is what I did until I could switch to another Sat and try and each time it worked but took a long time. Regards Maurice.

kalinkovichi1
18-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks Maurice...I'm glad to report all working fine now. I did the good old factory reset and reloaded everyhing and thankfully this has solved the memory problem. It is now storing the channels. Still not sure what actually caused the original problem / crash but thankfully its ok now.

Thanks your your helpful suggestions !! :respect-051:

maurice
18-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Glad you are sorted, good luck Maurice.