PDA

View Full Version : To Russell

moggyminor1966
21-06-2008, 08:49 PM
On my Go 920 I have just downloaded version 8.010 from tomtom home and my existing Western and Central Europe map 710.1576 works fine.

I have put the new 2Gb map 805.1801 onto the SD card and it shows Ok on the map list in tomtom but when I try to switch to the new map it displays "You cannot use this map on this device:
Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB".

Have you or anyone any advice on how to sort this. I ran the patcher on the ttsystem but it did not like that and showed the sd card symbol with a red cross on it! So I reverted back to the original ttsystem.

If anyone has been succesful on the same device please advise how you did it.

Thanks

Russell1
21-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Probably cos you used an 'official' version of tomtom 8.010,. could try using the v8.010 version I've posted in here -
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86482
But not sure if it will work for you - let me know how you get on with it.

moggyminor1966
22-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Russell-I knew I could rely on you to sort it!

I have not used the run for me automaticbefore-it is brilliant and much quicker than the old way.

Now that everything is on the memory card do I just leave what will be the official application on the tomtoms internal memory or does it use some of this info?

Can you confirm that the speedcams are in the map file or not?

Lastly can yo confirm the largest size SD card my Go 920 will accept.I am thinking of getting a 4GB or even an 8GB.

Thanks for all your help.

Russell1
22-06-2008, 08:33 PM
If it's working now the safest thing is to leave it (& make a back up copy)

no speed cameras are in the map folder - but they have been posted on the forum - put the .OV2 & >BMP files into your map folder.
Don't know about memory card size, but think a decent 8gb card will possibly work OK.
(I've only got a Go500 & can't use t=he SDHC cards - so cant test it for you).