PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to UK to buy a receiver!

diarmuid
22-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Will be in the UK tomorrow. What is the best place to buy a Freesat Receiver and which one for Dublin? What registration is required to ensure trouble free viewing outside the UK.

Any responses welcomed

Regards

Diarmuid

pipino
22-06-2008, 04:12 PM
you just pop to any argos /comet or curry´s you shoul pick 1 up ,no registration needed..cheers

Gone_Fishing
22-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Think you might need to enter a uk postcode on setup could be wrong though ?

TNT

xanadu
22-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Think you might need to enter a uk postcode on setup could be wrong though ?

TNT

Yes, you need a UK address with postcode, as they check if you have a TV licence before purchase.

Detlef
22-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm sure you will know someone in the UK with address and a Licence. :D

diavolo
22-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Travelling to UK to buy a receiver!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be in the UK tomorrow. What is the best place to buy a Freesat Receiver and which one for Dublin? What registration is required to ensure trouble free viewing outside the UK.

Any responses welcomed

Regards

Diarmuid
hi mate you dont nid to be register .only you have to muve you dish to astra 28 and scan you reciver. bat i dont no dhe dish size for astra bicos i dont live on dublin . :king-041:

pipino
22-06-2008, 11:27 PM
you can put any valid post code you an pick up from the internet ;) ,this is simply not an issue ..regards

FXMan
23-06-2008, 01:25 AM
...and perhaps pay cash!

xanadu
23-06-2008, 08:00 AM
I have stood behind people in Argos for half an hour untill they have come up with a valid postcode and address, so yes you do need a valid UK address with a TV Licence.

FBOY
23-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes, you need a UK address with postcode, as they check if you have a TV licence before purchase.
Does that mean that they can't be sold abroad then?

diarmuid
29-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Just back today with a Grundig. They needed a valid UK address and name and when I gave my sister's address in Belfast it picked up all her info!!!!

However Just set it up now and operating just great. First time to see HD at home and it is a different quality ogf viewing. Looking forward to the match tonight.

forgot to get the HDMI cable and when I talked to my local electrical man he said he expected to have receivers in Dublin in September!!!

Thanks for all the advice.

Regards

Diarmuid