PDA

View Full Version : SIMPLE QUESTION ENGMA 2 re:sats

A
24-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I need my C-tech to move the motor and dream 800 to receive the signal thru loop
What should be my sat config. I have about 8 sats from 42 east to 30 west
I just cant figure it out
Sure I have a dreambox 7020 :D but this engima 2............
using gemini here

Eugenie
24-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Menu ->Setup ->Service Searching ->Tuner A (OK)

In Reception Settings;
Configuration Mode - Advanced, choose wanted satellite, assign an LNB nr (DiSEqC mode(an actual switch is not needed in your case)), one for each lnb/satellite (1-8)

This is actually the method I´m using because I use a 36v motor with a separate positioner.
Maybe this is how you need to configure it aswell with your setup?

Ps, use the Manual Scan menu to scan each satellite if you use this configuration (Type Of Scan - Single satellite).

A
24-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I will try it

A
24-06-2008, 08:00 PM
DiSEqC mode should be what then ? none, 1.0. 1.1....

Eugenie
24-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Should be set to none. Just choose a satellite, then assign it LNB 1, choose your second satellite, assign it LNB 2 etc until you´ve chosen all the sats you want to set up, then save with OK. Go into Manual Scan menu and sellect single satellite under 'type of scan', choose the satellite that you dish is currently aimed at and press OK for scan.

A
24-06-2008, 08:08 PM
well in this case it keeps going to lnb1 which in my case is hotbird and sat is on astra1 I have chosen lnb1 as hotbird, lnb2 as astra1 and I am trying to scan astra1 but it wants to scan hotbird

A
24-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Here is what I am doing:

Configuration mode: advanced
Satellite: hotbird
Voltage mode: band
LNB: 1
Diseq mode: none
Lof: universal lnb
Increased voltage: no

Configuration mode: advanced
Satellite: astra 1
Voltage mode: band
LNB: 2
Diseq mode: none
Lof: universal lnb
Increased voltage: no

Eugenie
24-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Your Ctech has tuned in the desired satellite (the Ctech is then shut off /put into standby).

To set up a number of LNBs/satellites in DM800 that will be independent you may try this (which mainly a repeat of what is written above but slightly more detailed);

Main Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching ->Tuner Configuration -> Tuner A : Alps BSBE2 (DVB-S2) ->press OK

Now you have reached the Reception Settings menu

Here you first change the Configuration Mode to -advanced-.

From then on you only need to alter two lines per satellite, the Satellite and the LNB nr to assign it (DiSEqC mode line).

For ex, Hotbird LNB 1, ASTRA LNB2

Once you´re done you simply save your configuration by pressing OK (this also will let you exit the menu), press EXIT to return to the Service Searching menu.

Here it is important that you choose the Manual Scan option and not the Automatic scan.

Once in the Manual Scan menu, simply choose -single satellite- in the Type of Scan line, choose the satellite that your dish is pointed at and press OK to scan (only satellites assigned an LNB nr will show up in this menu). Repeat this for every satellite you wish to scan (just remember to move the dish with the Ctech between every satellite scan of course).

Tell me how it works, or if I have missunderstood you.

Eugenie
24-06-2008, 08:34 PM
well in this case it keeps going to lnb1 which in my case is hotbird and sat is on astra1 I have chosen lnb1 as hotbird, lnb2 as astra1 and I am trying to scan astra1 but it wants to scan hotbird

I think you´re in the Automatic Scan menu, you should use the Manual Scan menu with this configuration even if you want to scan a full satellite (this is different from Enigma1).

A
24-06-2008, 08:35 PM
u have understood me amd I think this will work as autoscan wont like the way we try

A
24-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I am scanning astra so will get back here soon

A
25-06-2008, 05:25 AM
yes the way u describe it is the way and it works thanks

Eugenie
25-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Good to hear that it´s working!

A
25-06-2008, 07:51 PM
yes just need to learn how to get my favorites.