PDA

View Full Version : why dont sky have eurosport hd?

paul01609
27-06-2008, 08:29 AM
i was watching this channel yesterday from another package and what a fantastic picture it was over the uk channel all in english.i was wondering why sky dont have on there package

mrbleu500
27-06-2008, 09:26 AM
...because they won't pay for it, and it conflicts with their own HD sports channels. You are rights about the picture quality, it is superb :)

Aldo
27-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi M8

If S*y had it, you wouldn't have been able to view it, unless you had a sub card, and do you not think that S*y already control too much of the sport available.

Ragnarok
27-06-2008, 10:28 AM
It isn't available because the eurosport don't make a British HD version yet. The british version has different programming.

paul01609
27-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi M8

If S*y had it, you wouldn't have been able to view it, unless you had a sub card, and do you not think that S*y already control too much of the sport available.

yes i agree sky own to much,but im a big fan of motor bike racing and would love to watch it full time on my sky hd box

dishdad
29-06-2008, 04:48 PM
yes i agree sky own to much,but im a big fan of motor bike racing and would love to watch it full time on my sky hd box

You may be pleased to know and you may have already heard that Eurosport loses coverage ......''BBC will get exclusive coverage of MotoGP next year in the UK, few bits to read here:-

_http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/MotoGP+coverage+on+Eurosport+ends +for+2009

MotoGP coverage on Eurosport ends for 2009

Thursday, 26 June 2008
After many years of successful collaboration, MotoGP rights-holders Dorna Sports would like to announce that coverage of the MotoGP World Championships will no longer be available on Eurosport from the 2009 season.
Behind the scenes of the International Program Feed production

Dorna would like to thank Eurosport for a partnership which has been of mutual benefit for several years, having helped take MotoGP to new levels of popularity and coverage whilst also offering the pan-European broadcaster impressive viewing figures.

The decision is part of Dorna´s new strategy of working with national network broadcasters around Europe, always focusing first and foremost on free-to-air coverage to bring MotoGP to wider audiences.

This means that in the UK, the BBC will enjoy exclusive coverage of MotoGP next year, whilst in Spain and Italy, where MotoGP enjoys long-term agreements with TVE and Mediaset respectively, negotiations are ongoing about extending coverage to more hours during the weekend.

In Germany, a deal has been signed with a privately owned free-to-air channel, giving the commercial network exclusive coverage for three years until 2011. Meanwhile, negotiations are ongoing in France and other major European territories with various mainstream networks; further details will be announced shortly.

_http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68666

Friday, June 27th 2008, 09:11 GMT

Eurosport will no longer broadcast MotoGP from the 2009 season, commercial rights holder Dorna has announced.

"Dorna would like to thank Eurosport for a partnership which has been of mutual benefit for several years, having helped take MotoGP to new levels of popularity and coverage whilst also offering the pan-European broadcaster impressive viewing figures," said Dorna in a statement.

"The decision is part of Dorna's new strategy of working with national network broadcasters around Europe, always focusing first and foremost on free-to-air coverage to bring MotoGP to wider audiences."

The announcement means that the BBC will get exclusive coverage of MotoGP next year in the UK.

Dorna said that in Spain and Italy, where it has long-term agreements with TVE and Mediaset, negotiations are ongoing about extending coverage to more hours during the weekend.

The company also said that a deal had been signed with a privately owned free-to-air channel in Germany, giving the network exclusive coverage until 2011.

"Meanwhile, negotiations are ongoing in France and other major European territories with various mainstream networks; further details will be announced shortly," the statement added.

********************************* ********************************* ***************************
_http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2008/june/23-29/jun2608eurosport-motogp-coverage-axed-2009/

Eurosport MotoGP coverage axed for 2009

By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

26 June 2008 17:22

British fans will no longer be able to watch the MotoGP world championship on Eurosport after the end of the 2008 campaign.

After many years of successful collaboration, MotoGP rights-holders Dorna Sports announced today in Assen that coverage of the MotoGP World Championships will no longer be available on Eurosport from the 2009 season.

The decision is part of Dorna’s new strategy of working with national network broadcasters around Europe, always focusing first and foremost on free-to-air coverage to bring MotoGP to wider audiences.

This means that in the UK, the BBC will enjoy exclusive coverage of MotoGP next year.

The decision is a blow to Eurosport’s thousands of fans, with the network the only one to show all 125 and 250GP races live.

Commentary duo Toby Moody and Julian Ryder have also developed a huge fan base.

For myself, the last line as....... ''Commentary duo Toby Moody and Julian Ryder have also developed a huge fan base.''....will be a hard act to follow, these guys make the prog a must for many folk.:respect-067:

munted101
30-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I bet you it won't be shown in HD though.

kenny258
30-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I bet they don't show the 250 and 125 races, or any of the practice. What a loss.

chalkster
30-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Don,t tell me we will be subject to the comentary by that Parish character, bring back Toby Moody and Julian Ryder they make moto gp for me. This is a very sad day for moto gp and its fans.

paul01609
30-06-2008, 10:57 PM
wow sad sad day for me,i love this sport so much ist about the only thing i really do watch,love watching it from start to finnish

holmroad
01-07-2008, 06:14 AM
But at least it IS showing in beautiful HD on 1W at moment - as originally posted in this thread!:respect-067:

r_johns66
23-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I bet they don't show the 250 and 125 races, or any of the practice. What a loss.

I have noticed that this season the 125 and 250 races can be seen live by pressing the red button on your UK (sly) satellite or Freeview terrestrial receiver on any BBC channel at the time of transmission, not sure about Freesat, I don't have access to one of those boxes. Haven't seen any qualifying sessions though.

Shame that Eurosport will not be showing the races next year, the commentary team are the best, lets hope they get signed up by the BBC.

R.

Gone_Fishing
23-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Eurosport HD started testing on 28E a little while ago and now appears on king of sat
without the test status so have you checked lately ?

Astra 2B (28.2E) - 12344.00 H - 29500 3/4

TNT

FENDOCH
23-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Eurosport HD is now one of the HD channels in the SKY HD line up.......Came online at least a week ago m8s.

gooseye
23-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Eurosport HD currently FTA again on 13e 18:00 23/07/08

TonyO
23-07-2008, 06:57 PM
the last time I tried it was supposed to be on 12015H 30000 3/4, it didn't tune in for me.

gooseye
23-07-2008, 07:05 PM
If it's 13e you are talking about, I'm currently watching it FTA on 11278V 27500 S2. Today's TdF stage repeat @ 9pm should be great viewing - stunning Alpine scenery.

wsm25
23-07-2008, 08:05 PM
If it's 13e you are talking about, I'm currently watching it FTA on 11278V 27500 S2. Today's TdF stage repeat @ 9pm should be great viewing - stunning Alpine scenery.

Thats the Cyfra+ HD tp , will be interesting to see if it lasts long, I cannot check, are other HD channels FTA on that TP ?

applematt
23-07-2008, 08:22 PM
:svengo:Wow very nice transmission. Say's FULL HD on Bottom right.

FENDOCH
23-07-2008, 09:31 PM

No its not 13 deg East m8 ........this thread is called .....why dont sky have eurosport hd?....... Sky is on 28deg East......and as I said above.... it is now one of the HD channels there, has been since last week

gooseye
23-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry m8 I thought you were talking about sky poland :D ;) Unfortunately it's just eurosport that's fta on that tp wsm25

RABBY
23-07-2008, 09:43 PM
FENDOCH

You are Right m8:respect-046:As wee no it is part of the Sky HD Package ?? Watching just now:respect-applause-00

P.s Give me a phone ? Not long in ? Overtime again LOL[More Dosh ]:respect-048: