PDA

View Full Version : Humax Icord HD Pvr

hugodare
29-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi

First of all this is my first post on this site. I have had various receivers over the years & currently use a Triple Dragon & a humax HDCI 2000
I would now like to replace my two current receivers with one box & am looking to place an order for a Humax Icord pvr from Germany.
For those that have one of these boxes what are your thoughts.
Will it pick up ITV hd as I can on the HDCI2000 ?
what's the menu system & Usals setup like
Is there any major problems

Thanks

mrbleu500
29-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I think only TMull has one, you could try the official iCord forums, see the humax germany website for details. Some English support on there.

little devil
29-06-2008, 10:04 PM
humax i_cord is a great receiver but it will not pick up itv digital

Tony Baker
30-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Hugo, best to get the facts from T Mull who is currently using this STB, other comments might just be someones opinion! Rgds, TB.

joshjess
30-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Little devil should know! he has one

Tmull
30-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Hugodare, First of all welcome to the forum, Firemonkey has a tread going now on the iCord for about three months in this section of the forum which should give you a good idea of what he thinks of the box. Myself and Little Devil have added to the tread as we three at least have the boxes. I am pleased with mine as indeed is my son who also has one.It is by no means perfect but if is good quality pictures and good quality recording recording you want then in my opinion it takes some beating. I do not want to re-hash what has already been discussed on this site but if you want to contact me by PM I have no problem in throwing my twopence worth into the pot. I am not long in the door from holiday so it will take me a while to get into the swing of things again.TMULL

hugodare
03-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks Tmull
Thanks for your offer
I have ordered mine and am waiting for it to be delivered and PM you when I have tried it out
I can pick up ITV HD on my HDCI & have the channel settings from the channel editor
I have entered them in the Icord channel list editor & will try it out when I have the box
Thanks

firemonkey
13-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi hugodare, did you manage to pick up ITV HD on the Humax iCord? If so, I would be very interested to see a copy of your channel settings.
Cheers,
Firemonkey

little devil
13-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi hugodare, did you manage to pick up ITV HD on the Humax iCord? If so, I would be very interested to see a copy of your channel settings.
Cheers,
Firemonkey

I don't think it will work because hdci 2000 uses formula channel editor and the i-cord uses uniformula and in uniformula you can't enter all the sids and pids without crashing :nopity: