PDA

View Full Version : John Lewis price match for audio / video and free Panasonic 5 year warrantee.

TonyO
03-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Some of you probably realize that I'm buying a Panasonic HD tv because of some of my sometimes strange and uninformed questions recently, I'm now pretty much on top what to get and why.

I have now moved to the where to get it for the best price and with a free five year guarantee, there are several shop/internet outlets that do good prices with free delivery available.

Unfortunately they all charge extra for extended warrantee which for an extra 4 years starts at £250 on top of the tv price, some are dearer.

John Lewis will price match (PM) but only if it’s a shop selling the goods and not an internet only sales site, they also want the model to be on display and marked with the price and it must not be a temporary offer or connected to some other deal.

The JL head office will PM but will not offer the 5 year guarantee only 1, you have to deal with a branch to get the free 5 year deal.

Some branches are good at offering price matching while others are not, you can ring any of the regional branches and get an offer of a PM and its reference number of the offer.

You then confront your awkward local branch and ask them to PM the price offered by another JL store, then they are stumped and have to offer you the same deal.

There is a really good thread on A*V*forums running to 385 pages on how JL were coerced into all sorts of deals they did not want to offer, I'll include it here as members of this forum can save a small fortune by reading the threads.

H**p://w*w.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264343

385 is the most current page.

TonyO.

applematt
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
:D Thats for posting here -

bobbyboil
29-07-2008, 08:32 PM
just bought a panny tx32lzd85 from jl bristol for £649 including five year guarantee,

even their website still says £749, but in store someone got a richer sounds price match from in town, so they have put it down to £649

now i ONLY have to wait until 5th august for it to be delivered!!!!!