PDA

View Full Version : TomTom One Euro - DEAD

john539744
07-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Sorry Russel, put in wrong thread

:banghead: Hi Russel,

I have a problem with my one euro, i tried to update it and the thing switches on but doesn't clear from the orange opening page then comes up with a red cross........ What have i done............. Yes i have tried to reset it several times but still the same. I have also tried plugging it in to my computer but just says please connect device.

Can you help me.

Cheers - Your best friend in world (if this can be sorted)

maxhum
07-07-2008, 11:30 AM
(found this for you)
use windows explorer to copy your working backup
................................. .......
It is probably a corrupt file that the boot up sequence has found. 1st did you make a backup using windows explorer before you downloaded the new version. If you did you could wipe the tom tom clean and copy back the backup. Backup, using home will store it on your computer under the home folder in backups,
................................. ................................. ................................. ...............
you could again wipe the tom tom clean and restore> using windows explorer!!! rather than the home.

Russell1
07-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Was it an 'official' update you tried ?
I haven't used or seen the One Euro - has it got a memory card or does it use an internal memory ?
Can you access anything on it using Window Explorer on your pc ?
Have you got a back up copy ?

john539744
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
It was the first time i have tried connecting it to a computer.

The computer recognises the TomTom but the TomTom Home just keeps saying not connected.

I have not even got around to updating it, all i did was put the software from the disk onto pc, plugged it in and presto nothing and all i get now is the orange start up screen with a red x.

john539744
07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
The only thing in which i found strange was after i put the software on my pc it came up and said newer version available "do you want to upgrade" so i said yes. But version was still the same as original.

Russell1
07-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Have a look on here - you'll find an earlier version of software & TT home :-

http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/index.html

Make a back up copy of all you can before you do anything then try adding the TT One software. Could also try using an earlier version of TT Home.

john539744
08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Cheers Rusell,

Tried that last night and no joy.............

I have decided i am taking it back, any suggestion on a better one.

Regards

John :party:

Russell1
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
No suggestions really - apart to get one with a memory card (& make a full back up copy first). If you want a bluetooth handsfree device have a look at the *20 & *30 range