PDA

View Full Version : itv hd

little devil
11-07-2008, 05:08 PM
went to my local panasonic dealer today and was looking at the new pz81 or something with build in freesat,:respect-050: so I asked for a demonstration of itv hd, so he went into the epg and could not find it :nopity:
and told me that they don't broadcast yet :beatdeadhorse5: i think they do I think all he had to do is re-scan the channels am I wrong ??

scrupples
11-07-2008, 05:32 PM
No its not on yet they showed some football but nothing since don`t know when its on full time? it wont be on the epg as its a red button only service anyway.

oh and the horse beating is a bit sick!!

xanadu
19-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I think all he had to do is re-scan the channels am I wrong ??

Wrong!

ITV HD is only a streamed service, and only appears when normal ITV1 shows a red on screen logo to press red on your remote to get the HD version.

There is usually nothing broadcast in HD on ITV so you won't see this very often.

Only on a non-Freesat receiver will you see ITV HD as an actual channel, and it just shows a test card saying that the channel is not available most of the time.

Detlef
19-07-2008, 02:46 PM
ITV HD.....What ITV HD?????.....They are pathetic!!!
When you think HD television has been out for more than a year now and they do not have any programmes to broadcast it stinks. . . . . . . . . .

Well think how long it took Sly to go widescreen and the D2MAC system had that in the mid-90s.

The truth is that there is very little true Hi Def material as most of the current stuff is upscaled SD.

Now HD TVs have an internal upscaler (that is how they show SD) but, I guess, the professional upscalers do a better job (bi-cubic rather than pixel averaging?).

saintomer1866
19-07-2008, 03:34 PM
ITV HD.....What ITV HD?????.....They are pathetic!!!
When you think HD television has been out for more than a year now and they do not have any programmes to broadcast it stinks.....

not quite true m8,
at 21:00hrs on thursdays they have harley street,
from 9pm to 10 pm on the fourth day of the week they have a medical drama set in harley street,
every week on the day before friday.........:woohoo-022:

;)

TonyO
19-07-2008, 03:56 PM
was only in HD on ITV because Eufa had the whole tournement covered in HD, without hardly lifting a finger ITV could show it which they did.

Its just a caption now.

ITV are heading downmarket fast, they obviously believe where theres muck theres brass!

Lowest common denominator TV in my opinion, expect the Jeremy Kyle channel to appear soon. :rant:

morfsta
19-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Give them a chance, it takes awhile for a broadcaster to ramp up HD output... Remember BBC HD has been broadcasting for over 2 years and its still pretty limited.

crabber
03-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Any news that there may actually be an HD program broadcast?
I have spent ages getting a media center working as my Kathrein can't receive ITV HD and all I have seen is the test card.
What about the grand prix this afternoon, will it be shown or will I have to settle for a brilliant HD picture but German commentary on ORF HD.?
(felt like a rant on a Sunday morning)

chalkster
03-08-2008, 10:46 AM
It looks as though ITV do not want you to watch the ITV HD channel, there are no schedules out as to whats on and when, its purley hit and miss, you would think they would plug it more, I beleave "the Scorpion King was brodcast in HD (saturday 2nd August, and Liar Liar the week before), but its no use knowing after the event, come on ITV plug HD showings more.

Tony C.
03-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Hello Crabber...If you can move your dish to thor 1w there is F1 in Cinema,broadcasting in 720p HD English comms. 11.495V 13244 5/6.

Tone.

xanadu
03-08-2008, 12:35 PM
F1 in Cinema,broadcasting in 720p HD English comms. 11.495V 13244 5/6.

Tone.

I think you will find it is on 11486V 13244 SR

Or use ORF HD on 19E and use the ITV commentary via an amplifier.