PDA

View Full Version : Sound gone. Sound back!

diarmuid
14-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Lost sound on all Freesat channels about 6.00 p.m.

No problem with satellite signal over 80% on Strength and quality. Couldn't get sound back. Did a reset from start and sound is now back. Anyone else have the same problem?

Regards

xanadu
14-07-2008, 07:41 PM
No problem here on my Bush Freesat box.

What box do you have? Must be just your receiver.

This would have affected every receiver on earth if it was a satellite/Sky issue.

diarmuid
14-07-2008, 11:38 PM
You're right. Must be my Grundig.

The reset did the trick but it was frustrating to lose sound for no apparent reason.

Regards

TonyO
14-07-2008, 11:51 PM
chips and processors lock up and a mains reset is your only option.

TheBadger
15-07-2008, 08:32 AM
@Diarmuid
Does your Grundig box have an LNB loop through and more to the point, does it work properly? A friend of mine says he can't loop his S k y box through. Haven't seen his set up yet and I'm not familiar with the Grundig only Foxsat.

railroadbill
15-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't think the LNB loop through works as it should because if I run the dish to my Bush stb and use the loop out to my sat then the sat wont get somne channels but if I then run the dish to the sat first then onto the Bush freesat via sat loop out, everything is okay !
So I think the Bush freesat box loop through could be a bit dodgy, but not certain.

TheBadger
15-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the response but I'm particularly interested in the Grundig.

diarmuid
22-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Sorry I've been away.

I can loop my Technomate 1500CI through to my Grundig Freesat.

I can pick up any foreign FTA channels but not the subscriber channels. As I said earlier, I have a valid card for DigitAlb but the Grundig sees those channels as scrambled even though they were unencrypted by the Techno Box. At present I don't see any way around this .