PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point of HD BBC no Open

madgooner
15-07-2008, 09:24 PM
What is the point of BBC HD when the listings show that the Open starting on thursday says its not on HD.
We managed to watch the Masters in HD on the Beeb live from USA but nothing from the UK.
I want my TV licence back and you might as well switch BBC HD off and ITV HD for what their worth , seen nothing on ITV HD since the football.

bbeef
16-07-2008, 12:37 AM
i agree mate, they should mirror whats on bbc1 and itv1 on the hd channel all the time and then show special events in hd....
It is free though end of the day so we should not complain too much when sly mugs have to pay just to get some hd content!!

simon 2003
16-07-2008, 01:40 AM
sly mugs have to pay just to get some hd content!!

each to there own m8,,just had champs league final in HD ,prem in HD,3 HD movie channels ,now eurosport HD many more coming ,£2.50 a week extra ???

bonovox
16-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah I don't mind the £2.50 a week extra, its the first £40 that I have a problem with. What sly should do is offer a seperate hd package of £10 a month then they may get some takers. I'm in for one!:D

FENDOCH
16-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah I don't mind the £2.50 a week extra, its the first £40 that I have a problem with. What sly should do is offer a seperate hd package of £10 a month then they may get some takers. I'm in for one!:D

Hi m8

Sly HD package does cost an extra £10 per month, but you must first have a sky HD box and a normal subscription. Not available as a stand alone without the above.

simon 2003
16-07-2008, 10:19 AM

yer the main sub price is more of an issue,think they should do a HD package soon,probably waiting to get enough channels to justify it

mrbleu500
16-07-2008, 11:15 AM
yer the main sub price is more of an issue,think they should do a HD package soon,probably waiting to get enough channels to justify it

Don't hold your breath... :sifone:

I can't see them offering SlySports HD or SlyMovies HD as part of a separate low price package, when there are so many peeps who happily (or not) pay 40 quid a month for the SD versions.

It's not just the channels we have to wait for, it's the content. There isn't enough HD content available for an HD channel to be viable, even the Sly HD channels are mostly SD, with the exception of History and NatGeo...